Renting land for garden in/near Tuscaloosa

rtr_bamaJuly 21, 2011

I am about to move into an apartment in Tuscaloosa (North of the river) and am looking for some land to possibly rent? Or something..just so that I can have a real garden versus some pots on my balcony. I'm open to most any option, just curious as to what I could do! I'd love to hear any suggestions/ideas you may have! Thanks so much!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
john_trussville(z7b AL)

If you really want to rent a piece of land, I'd put ads on Craigslist for Tuscaloosa. Under the "for sale" section I'd put one in "Wanted", "Farm & Garden" & "General". I think your ad will be seen there more than anywhere else. But since ads turn over pretty quick on Craigslist you may have to place them more than once before you get any responses. But hey, at least it's free.

I'd also ask around at nurseries, garden shops, the local county extension office to see if they know of any community gardens already in existence in your area. There could be one already going that you don't know about.

And if you're renting in an apartment complex you might approach the mgmt. about starting a small community garden somewhere on the grounds to be shared by the residents. Just a thought.

Good luck!

Bookmark   July 21, 2011 at 9:50AM
More Discussions
Interactive USDA Zone Map
I ran across this neat map that lets you zoom almost...
ourhighlandhome
Update on Kenneth/madabouteu
Just wanted to let you know that Kenneth is in UAB...
catbird
Fall Swap 2014
It's time to start thinking about the fall swap. We...
browneyedsusan_gw
Buckle your seatbelts, Alabama!
Are you ready for a little snow? Or a lot? I went...
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to all my fellow gardners.
jcalhoun
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™