Where are the concrete statuary sales?

topsiebeezelbub(z7 Al)July 30, 2012

There used to be several concrete statue yards around Huntsville, but all the ones I went to are gone. Does anyone know where one is nearby to Huntsville? I am looking for a birdbath in the form of a tree...I always loved browsing at all the interesting statues.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
outsideplaying_gw(7)

Hi Topsie. I remember those places too, and I have seen some statuary and concrete pieces somewhere if I can remember where. Hmmmm, it seems like there is a place on Highway 67 near Priceville, but I can't remember if it is still there. I think there is a garden center near Union Grove that still sells some things too but haven't been by there in a while. It was close to the Marshall Medical Center North. There used to be a dealer out on Highway 72 east as well. Maybe someone else will chime in and confirm some of these.

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 2:31PM
shaybass(z8 West Ctl AL)

When we went home to Guntersville on July 4th, the place in Scant City by the Marshal Medical Center was still there.

Bookmark   August 3, 2012 at 11:46AM
outsideplaying_gw(7)

Yep, the Scant City still there. We went past it yesterday. The name is Stewart's Lawn and Garden Center. Didn't get a phone number, but you could look it up & call and see if they have what you're looking for. They don't have a huge selection outside, but it's always possible they can order for you. It looks like a nice place.

Bookmark   August 6, 2012 at 10:33AM
outsideplaying_gw(7)

Topsie, I happened to be driving on Hughes Rd in Madison yesterday and saw that Hartlex Antique Mall had some large concrete statuary and containers outside. I didn't get a good look at everything but if you're close to that area it might be worth a stop to check it out. It's close to Madison Blvd on Hughes.

Bookmark   August 12, 2012 at 1:42PM
More Discussions
Veggies for Spring Swap
I am ordering seeds to grow vegetable starts for the...
madabouteu
Living willow tunnel
I want to build a living tunnel in the backyard for...
hoover67
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to all my fellow gardners.
jcalhoun
Spring Swap 2015: food sign ups
Please sign up here to bring food to the May 16 spring...
browneyedsusan_gw
Goodbye GardenWed Gardners...
Just logged in to say goodbye... This will be my first...
mrdoitall
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™