Long time....

stanreese(7)July 20, 2008

Okay, it's been a while since I could even get back on here, Life is fun, albeit busy. Granger is now 2, I think Maggie came along since my last post and she just turned one in June. Now, we are expecting again. We're due in early February.

Any free time I have had has been cleaning the yard and getting ready to plant. Thus, I will offer what I have updated on my trade list for anything that will grow on a rock. Nah, it's rocky here but not that bad. Soil is getting better but I have some serious slopes in some serious sunny areas and some other slopes in the shade that I need to plant. The sunny areas are most important now. In person trades would be great ahead of the next plant swap.

I'm pretty much using small terraces to seperate planting areas on the slopes. No more than 10' x 6' but multiply that times thirty. Plenty of rocks to terrace with here. I'd like to showcase something different but I also love old fashioned stuff like altheas.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
daffodillady(7b/8a central AL)

Would you be interested in noid hostas or dixie gardenias? They are tiny but growing, because they are wintersown babies from this last winter.

Bookmark   July 20, 2008 at 12:27PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tsmith2579(7B)

Stan, is it really you? Are you passing through our galaxy again? LOL! :-) I'd given up on you but I'm glad to hear you are well. Congratulation about the children. I hope you can steal a few hours from the wife and children and join us for the Fall swap. Wlecome back the forum. - Terry

Bookmark   July 31, 2008 at 8:54PM
More Discussions
Good custom fence company-Etowah/calhoun county
I have struggled with the decision of whether or not...
zelenkabach
anyone know muscadines?
Hi all: I bought two muscadines at a big box store...
MiKru
Just logged in to say goodbye
The new site didn't recognize me as sundog7, but wouldn't...
gmwaid
Lisianthus from seed
Hi has any one grown Lisianthus from seed,I have some...
lifeflower123
Bundle up, Alabama!
Three dog night coming up, for sure. Hope no one loses...
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™