Arborist

dnr24(7b)July 29, 2010

My yard in Birmingham is in need of an arborist. At least two large trees need to come down, a very large oak needs some limbs cut, and at least a half-a-dozen smaller trees need to be razed.

I need someone who can give me advice on which trees to cut and which to leave as well as advice on kinds to plant, which is why I want a true arborist and not just a tree removal service. I've put in multiple calls to two different arborists I found in the Yellow pages, neither of which has returned my calls.

I suppose I could do research and get info from others regarding trees to plant and which trees to remove, but I would rather have a professional assist me since trees are such a vital backbone to the yard. Is there someone here that people here could recommend that they would trust to do that? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Bamatufa(7 - Trussville, AL)

My work place in downtown B'ham used American Tree Maintenance Inc. located in Columbiana, Al. to cut down and doctor-up a few mature trees on our property first part of the summer. Ph. # 205-669-1925
http://www.atmtreeco.com

Bookmark   July 29, 2010 at 4:15PM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

A quick referral to the ISA (International Society of Arborists) website indicates that there are a few Certified arborists in Birmingham. I'll attach the link so you can use the resource. Don't call those associated with Alabama Power, with the extension office (ACES), or the various City arborists.

If the link doesn't take you straight to the Birmingham page, just fill in the form. You'll find several companies on the list that are worth calling. I know some of them well. What I don't know is if this is a conclusive list. Type in the names of cities near Birmingham for more names.

The extension office MIGHT be a good resource for a list of all Certified arborists in the area, too. Worth a phone call.

Your job sounds like it requires the services of a ISA certified company. Don't settle for less.

Here is a link that might be useful: Click here for ISA list

Bookmark   July 30, 2010 at 11:13AM

Just thought of another good source of information for you. I've attached the link to AUFA (Alabama Urban Forestry Association) for you. They should have a list of ISA Certified arborists for you. Explain that you require the services of a working arborist.

Bookmark   July 30, 2010 at 11:20AM
dnr24(7b)

Great resource! Thanks for the link of ISA cert arborists. I've put a call in to American Tree Maintenance who uses Jim Paramore who is on the ISA list of certified arborists. If he doesn't call back, I'll try another on the list.

Bookmark   July 30, 2010 at 11:52AM

With a job like that, you should be able to get several estimates from willing arborists.

Bookmark   July 31, 2010 at 2:24PM
More Discussions
Fall Swap 2014
It's time to start thinking about the fall swap. We...
browneyedsusan_gw
Spring Swap 2015
Ken's message about veggies reminded me that we need...
browneyedsusan_gw
Anyone grow bleeding hearts?
I have killed several bleeding hearts over the years....
raestr
Evergreen Hedge
I need help figuring out what tree/bush that I could...
cruiser4life
AL has the best weeds (part II)
That thread was getting a bit long to load. Boy did...
alabamanicole
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™