rain !!

lsmcw(7b-AL)August 17, 2007

Had one hellacious thunder storm around midnight last night - power went off and on several times then stayed off for about two hours. Thunder and lightning lasted over an hour. Got up this morning and had 2.3" in the gauge! WOO-HOOOOO. The garden will last another week, at least. I had planned to dig all my trades and pot them this weekend to insure their survival for the swap. Who else got rain? Linda

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alabamanicole(7b)

I got thunder. :(

Bookmark   August 17, 2007 at 11:19AM
alabamatreehugger(8)

We need some rain down here near the coast too, my lawn is almost crispy. It would have been nice if we could have got that wimpy tropical storm to go across our whole state. I don't want a hurricane though.

Bookmark   August 17, 2007 at 5:30PM
alabamanicole(7b)

I did get a smidgen this afternoon. Not much, but better than nothing, and not so hard it beat everything to death.

Bookmark   August 17, 2007 at 6:49PM
sundog7(7)

Same old story here in Pinson - wind, thunder, and almost enough rain to settle the dust. It looked good on radar moving this way, but it just fizzled out before it got here.

Bookmark   August 17, 2007 at 8:48PM
tsmith2579(7B)

Hueytown got a thunderstorm about 3:30 a.m. We got enough rain to fill the grooves in the bedliner of my pickup. The better news according to Sylvia, we got 3 hours of rain Friday afternoon. Hard rain to start and then a steady drizzle. I watered everything really good on Wednesday but if I could get it to rain again I'd water again.

Bookmark   August 18, 2007 at 12:37AM
tweetypye(z8/sc AL)

Rosey and I down here in Elmore County, got some yesterday afternoon. An inch of rain and a hail storm too! Then another storm came through last night around 1 am and added another half inch to my guage!!! Yippee, maybe all is not lost after all!! There's tons of leaves and debri on the ground from the hail and it beat my potted impatiens all to pieces, but hey, thank God for the rain!!!!
Jan

Bookmark   August 18, 2007 at 7:35AM
More Discussions
South AL/N FL swap?
The one up north sounds so awesome but is too far for...
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL
Living willow tunnel
I want to build a living tunnel in the backyard for...
hoover67
Moving from Ohio to Alabama
We will be moving sometime this year to northern Alabama,...
ediej1209
I am pretty new to gardening.
This year I am trying to start flowers and tomatoes...
karensizzorhands
New to Dothan AL
Hi We have just recently moved to the south from Illinois...
joycie52
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™