B'Ham nurseries

bobbygil(7)October 14, 2012

Hi ...I am coming from Atlanta to Tuscaloosa for some football game the 2nd week of Nov. Anyone know any good nurseries in B'Ham maybe that I might be able to find perennials or maybe shrubs that you cant find in the big box stores ? I went to one years ago that was good , run by a lady, but cant seem to find it now. After doing a search anyone know anything about Hanna's ? thanks bobby

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alabamanicole(7b)

It's not right in B'Ham, but Petals from the Part in Jemison is terrific.

Bookmark   October 14, 2012 at 9:46AM
ourhighlandhome

A trip to Plant Odyssey (or "Libby's" as most people call it) on 7th Ave. South is always fun. Libby always has something unusual.

Hanna's Garden Shop on Hwy. 280 is the closest to me, so probably my favorite (huge selection, next door to Aquatic Gardens, one of the nicer - but pricier - aquatic supply stores in the area.

Five minutes from Hanna's is John Deere Landscapes on Hwy. 119, which is huge. They are sometimes disappointing as far as perennials, but have a nice selection of shrubs, evergrees and trees.

Petals from the Past might be a bit out of the way for you, but is definitely worth the trip. Again, Jason always has something unusual.

I'm not that familiar with Andy's on Hwy. 31. Been there once right after they got re-established and was impressed with their spring selection of annuals/perennials (although they are pricey).

Hope this helps...and Roll Tide!

Bookmark   October 14, 2012 at 1:26PM
bobbygil(7)

Thanks. Plant Odyssey is the one I had been to before. Think I will stop there as well as Hanna's. Anything special between B'ham and Tuscaloosa ? thanks again

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 11:25AM
SweetLittleLemons(7b)

I know the date has passed, but here are two more in case you're ever back this way:

I love Collier's in vestavia. It's small, but they are great. It's right off I-459.

Andy's has a location in hoover too. It's on 150 right off I-459 also. It's small too. We love to get their fruit and veggies when we stop there.

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 6:12PM
More Discussions
Lisianthus from seed
Hi has any one grown Lisianthus from seed,I have some...
lifeflower123
Anyone grow bleeding hearts?
I have killed several bleeding hearts over the years....
raestr
AL has the best weeds (part II)
That thread was getting a bit long to load. Boy did...
alabamanicole
Just logged in to say goodbye
The new site didn't recognize me as sundog7, but wouldn't...
gmwaid
Another update on madabouteu - by madabouteu
For those who might wonder - I am still doing OK. Legs...
madabouteu
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™