cracked water fountain

Daphne35(zone 6)October 30, 2005

The very deep bowl of my water fountain has a crack in the side. For the past two years this has not presented a problem, however, I filled it yesterday and this morning the bowl was completely dry. Short of a thirsty coyote (yes we do have them on Shades Mountain) or several dogs, drinking it dry, it must be the crack!! Question--what can I seal it with that will take care of the problem without harming wildlife or neighbors animals?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Josh(z8a)

Daphne, I know there are nontoxic sealants used for leak repair in fishponds...maybe an inquiry over on the Ponds Forum will be your best bet for a good recommendation. I've used a clear non-toxic aquarium sealant on an indoor item, but you'll need something to withstand heat/cold outside. josh

Here is a link that might be useful: Pond Forum

Bookmark   November 2, 2005 at 12:21AM
JOEL_alabama(8a)

I had a concrete gargoyle that had both wings broken off, one in several pieces. Got some crack repair mix (I think it was vinyl reinfourced concrete mix in a small plastic can) at home depot and glued it back together thinking it would never hold. Been 4 years...

Bookmark   November 2, 2005 at 12:33PM
tsmith2579(7B)

Call Aquatic Gardens on Hwy 280 in Greystone area or Birmingham @ 205-995-9466. That is the business they are in - water gardens and fountains.

Bookmark   November 3, 2005 at 12:23PM
thatyankeewoman

Try veritex patch. This is the coolest stuff. I have some and am repairing all sorts of things around my house with it. It's better than duct tape. The adhesive actually gets stronger as the weather is cooler. So it should work for your leak in the bowl. hmmm, Your surface would have to be smooth though.

Bookmark   June 30, 2006 at 3:11PM
More Discussions
New to Dothan AL
Hi We have just recently moved to the south from Illinois...
joycie52
anyone know muscadines?
Hi all: I bought two muscadines at a big box store...
MiKru
Alabama Red Clay Soil
Hi I am new to gardening and want advice on how to...
hello459
Bundle up, Alabama!
Three dog night coming up, for sure. Hope no one loses...
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
Interactive USDA Zone Map
I ran across this neat map that lets you zoom almost...
ourhighlandhome
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™