Free For Postage or Pick-up- No Exchange

tsmith2579(7B)October 16, 2007

I have 4 large alocasis macrorrhiza cuttings if you want them. These are 2-3 inch stem cuttings about 3-4 ft long. I trimmed them back for winter. Yes, these will root very easily and you will have a mature plant next summer. They all have one leaf left on the stem. If I mail them for postage I will remove the leaf but leave the green stem with the next leaf bud in it. I'll put them in a long triangle priority mail box. I'll mail them and you can refund postage. Get back to me before 10/19/07. I don't have room in the greenhouse for these. - Terry

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loveofmylife680(z7)

Terry, Will these live outside year round?
Jill

Bookmark   October 16, 2007 at 9:25PM
tsmith2579(7B)

Yes, they will live outdoors. This first winter they will need to be indoors while rooting but next April you can transplant outside. I have one outside the greenhouse which I trim back ech Fall and cover with a large garbage can filled with leaves for protection from the cold. Every few years I cut it back almost to the ground because it gets too large for the garbage can to cover.

Bookmark   October 16, 2007 at 11:37PM
loveofmylife680(z7)

I will take one Terry, I live in Pinson, would it be easier for you if I pick them up or for you to mail the m?
Jill

Bookmark   October 17, 2007 at 10:42AM
tsmith2579(7B)

Jill, no one else has shown interest so all four are yours if you want them. I already have them potted in a 5 gallon bucket so they are good for your basement or sun room for this winter. I am going to Tarrant on Sunday, Oct. 21. If you would like to meet me there to pick up the bucket of EEs we can make arrangements. Let me know. Send me an email - Terry

Bookmark   October 17, 2007 at 7:01PM
loveofmylife680(z7)

Terry , Thank for the plants, I will be at the sring swap with hopefully a truck load to swap. See you then.
Jill

Bookmark   October 21, 2007 at 7:22PM
More Discussions
Alabama Red Clay Soil
Hi I am new to gardening and want advice on how to...
hello459
Anyone grow bleeding hearts?
I have killed several bleeding hearts over the years....
raestr
Goodbye GardenWed Gardners...
Just logged in to say goodbye... This will be my first...
mrdoitall
Good custom fence company-Etowah/calhoun county
I have struggled with the decision of whether or not...
zelenkabach
South AL/N FL swap?
The one up north sounds so awesome but is too far for...
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™