I can't believe this is actually all done!

Nigella(9a-steamy)November 26, 2005

Roger has worked like a dog for a couple of weeks during what's supposed to be his "off time" to help me get the greenhouses ready for winter. He has given things a lot of thought and this year I will be able to offer a couple of friends a bit of space if they need it. What a relief not to have so many potted plants in way too cramped a space. I don't think I'll lose many now!

I made this page so I can show off some of the neat stuff he's done, click on the thumbnail to get there:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fernaly(z7 AL)

Margaret, amazing, simpley amazing.

How in the world to you keep them all watered. My greenhouse is so full, I have a really hard time getting everything watered and watered 'properly'. I have to drag the water hose in, and usually end up turning over and dumpping out more pots than I get watered.

Bookmark   November 26, 2005 at 9:56AM
Nigella(9a-steamy)

Thanks for the kind words, FernAly. I can pretty much stand on the top floor and aim the hose with a sprayer and get all the ones in the main part of the building. I also walk around with a watering can(ok, not a watering can, an old "Bouncer" pitcher from our nightclub(I miss it!!!!! I'd do that again in a heartbeat!)) and make sure they really all did get water.
I wouldn't consider dragging a hose around in there unless it were a dire situation. All my racks are wire shelves that we found on the side of the road, intended for the landfill, and wired together with artificial grapevines. I'd be afraid of tearing them up.

Bookmark   November 27, 2005 at 1:39PM
brigib(coast)

Thats great Margeret.....now those potted children will be safe from old Jack Frost.Next year you may consider a watering system....I set mine up with a battery operated hose end timer(about $25)and a fine sprinkler head.Its works great and is a real time saver.I hope all of you are enjoying a nice holiday season and can put the terrible weather year behind us.Anyone who needs desert roses let me know..I'm still propogating them by the hundreds...Brian

Bookmark   December 3, 2005 at 8:46AM
More Discussions
Spring Swap 2015: food sign ups
Please sign up here to bring food to the May 16 spring...
browneyedsusan_gw
Veggies for Spring Swap
I am ordering seeds to grow vegetable starts for the...
madabouteu
Spring Swap 2015
Ken's message about veggies reminded me that we need...
browneyedsusan_gw
Living willow tunnel
I want to build a living tunnel in the backyard for...
hoover67
Another update on madabouteu - by madabouteu
For those who might wonder - I am still doing OK. Legs...
madabouteu
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™