Awwwwww, rain at last.......

tweetypye(z8/sc AL)November 1, 2005

Although not nearly as much as needed. We haven't had rain here since the 3rd day of Oct. so, the little we did get today was very welcome. Thank goodness the weather has cooled off a bit, or else I would have to take out a loan to pay my water bill!

Would you believe I have daylilies about to bloom, and my newly planted Angel Trumpets are hanging full of buds also.

If the cold weather will just hold off a bit longer, I'll post some photos, when they bloom!

Jan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GAAlan(z7b(on map) 8(imby) Atlanta)

I wish you had pushed some of that rain over here! I keep track of the weather at my home, and in the last 74 days(including today) I have had 3.51" of rain.! The 74 days before that I had 24.63"! In all of September and October I had only 2.63" of rain. Hard to believe this is the same year, I had 9" of rain in 3 days time from Hurricane Dennis!

Bookmark   November 2, 2005 at 5:03PM
roseyp8255(z8 - SC AL)

I actually am gonna need a loan for my water bill - it came in today - $134 - but my yard has looked good!......hmmm....what will I NOT pay in order to pay the water company?!?! :)

Bookmark   November 2, 2005 at 8:01PM
tweetypye(z8/sc AL)

Sorry about that GAAlan! We really didn't get nearly enough either. I was out this afternoon, and you can't tell it even rained now. So, looks like it's the hose pipe for me once again!
Yea Rosie, I think I might have to take out that loan too!
Jan

Bookmark   November 3, 2005 at 8:57PM
tsmith2579(7B)

I got enough to wet the driveway. Under the trees it was still dusty.

Bookmark   November 6, 2005 at 11:31PM
tedp2(7Al)

Glad to hear someone got some. Haven't kept records but ours sounds about like GAAlan's. Wettest June and July I've ever seen then two decent rains in mid Aug. then sprinkles. Haveing to wear dustmasks to vacuum up leaves.

Bookmark   November 9, 2005 at 6:26PM
More Discussions
Want long leaf pine
Does anyone know of a source for long leaf pine seeds...
josephene_gw
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to all my fellow gardners.
jcalhoun
Update on Kenneth/madabouteu
Just wanted to let you know that Kenneth is in UAB...
catbird
AL has the best weeds (part II)
That thread was getting a bit long to load. Boy did...
alabamanicole
Moving from Ohio to Alabama
We will be moving sometime this year to northern Alabama,...
ediej1209
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™