Trouble Posting to GW, ANYONE?

tsmith2579(7B)December 12, 2005

My friend up near Tupelo is having problems posting to Gardenweb. He tells me, " can't post or write e-mail to anyone. I haven't done anything to be deleted that I know of. If I give my name and password it is accepted. The membership roster shows me as a member. I wrote in to a help situation and never did hear from them. I can't post anything so I can get help there. I have seen one or two having the same trouble." Has anyone else been experiencing GW problems? How did you resolve them?

Thanks

Terry and Larry

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
terramadre

I checked both the Computer Help Forum and the Suggestions & Comments Forum and found no reference.
Maybe the folks on the Computer Help Forum can id the problem.

Bookmark   December 13, 2005 at 7:16AM
tsmith2579(7B)

Thanks, Terramadre. Larry reports that with your help and the help of other friends, he is back up and running. BTW, the Gardenweb folks (Tamara Amey) were very helpful, very friendly and responded to my emails quickly. Thanks everyone for your help.

Merry Christmas
Terry

Bookmark   December 14, 2005 at 8:13AM
lbrazil(z7MS)

Yes, thanks to all I am back up and running. You won't know what you are missing until you can't correspond with your garden web friends. It resulted in a cookie problem. Thanks again and Merry Christmas to all. Larry

Bookmark   December 14, 2005 at 8:24AM
Nigella(9a-steamy)

Larry, I tried to email you at Terry's request and it came back saying that you weren't accepting mail from me!

Bookmark   December 14, 2005 at 7:56PM
Piers1326

I'm ready to eliminate Garden Web from my Favorites -- it's too slow, too many problems trying to post something, and no indications it's going to get better. Too much advertising!!!

Bookmark   January 1, 2006 at 10:12PM
tsmith2579(7B)

Yes, Piers1326, it is a lot different since it changed hands. It is definitely slower, but some things are worth the wait. I think GW is one of them. I've met so many wonderful people, virtually and in real life. I've made so many wonderful trades and a few duds. I don't let the dud trades stop me from further trading and I don't let the "new" slowness discourage me from using GW. The rewards are still worth the wait.

Bookmark   January 2, 2006 at 10:06AM
More Discussions
trade list
where are profiles and trade lists ? wayne
mws366
Goodbye GardenWed Gardners...
Just logged in to say goodbye... This will be my first...
mrdoitall
Pruning pampas grass
Is it too late to cut back my pampas grass? I live...
jen6747
Buckle your seatbelts, Alabama!
Are you ready for a little snow? Or a lot? I went...
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
Evergreen Hedge
I need help figuring out what tree/bush that I could...
cruiser4life
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™