HAVE: Tohono O'odham I'itoi's Onions

neohippie(8b)July 6, 2010

I got 10 bulbs of these multiplier onions last year from Native Seeds/SEARCH, and boy are they prolific! Each one turned into a great big clump of onions. They would probably be best as scallions because the mature bulbs are very small, about the size of garlic cloves.

They were grown by Native Americans in Arizona. I planted them last August and they grew throughout the winter. The tops died back in May when it started to get hot. I dug them up then, but you could probably leave them in the ground to let them re-grow in the same spot.

I will send you 10 bulbs either in exchange for something on my trade list or for a SASBE. Just send me a GW message.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jaceysgranny(7aAR)

I'd love to have some of your onions but don't have anything on your want list. If you'd like to take a look at my haves and see if there is anything you'd like. I don't grow many veggies since the deer eat them all. They are even eating my hot peppers. Thanks, Nancy

Bookmark   July 21, 2010 at 12:40PM
jaceysgranny(7aAR)

Hi, just wanted to let you know that I sent your package out Monday and yours arrived safely today. Please let me know if you received yours yet and if so how they weathered the trip.

Bookmark   July 30, 2010 at 4:18PM
1791jr

I was wondering if you still had this variety of onion and might be willing to do some trading. If so please let me know. I would also be willing to purchase a start if I were to have nothing you were interested in.

Bookmark   February 8, 2012 at 10:47PM
sea_kangaroo(USDA 9, Sunset 15)

Hi 1791jr, I have a bunch of these onions. If you're still looking for some you can contact me through my GardenWeb page.

Bookmark   February 27, 2012 at 7:29PM
JayWV(6)

sea-kangaroo if you still have th tohono onions and the babbingtongleeks please email me at jwalk52164@gmail.com

Bookmark   April 7, 2012 at 10:02PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Potato onions free or trade
Hello I have some small left over sets I will not be...
travis2
HAVE: Okinawa Spinach for Tree Onions, egyption onions
What I'm after is the sort of onions that make more...
drasaid
WANTED: Wanted: Yellow Multiplier Onions
In trade: Metechi, Zemo, Elephant Garlic; Shallots... Yellow...
david1948
WANTED: Wanted: Hardneck Garlic Seed Bulbs
I'm new to growing garlic and would like to add to...
redsun9
WANTED: Hardneck Garlic
I would like to trade to receive : German Red, Korean...
penny9612
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™