WANTED: Have: potato onions, garlic, shallots

promethean_sparkSeptember 28, 2010

I have several varieties of garlic (Early Italian purple, inchelium red, lorz italian, red toch, shilla, ajo rojo, chesnok red, german stiffneck, silver rose) as well as yellow potato onions, picasso shallots, red blush bunching onions (plants), evergreen hardy white scallion (seed) and american flag leek (seed).

I'm interested in other potato onions and shallots (particularly gray shallot), and other unusual edible alliums or vegetables.

I'm not particularly interested in more garlic, except for creoles.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
happytomato2008(wis 3)

Would you like a trade of Egyptian Onions for your Potato Onions? Let me know.

Bookmark   July 15, 2011 at 11:25PM
bigoledude(SE Louisiana)

Not many varieties of garlic do well here in SE Louisiana. You have several that do. I would love to have of any of the Early Italian Purple, Inchelium Red, Lorz Italian, Red Toch, or Ajo Rojo.

I would like to have some Potato onions and shallots also. I have never seen a potato onion yet.

The only alliums I have to offer are some bulbils of Egyptian Walking onions.

Promethean Spark; Back in the '20s and '30s Cajun people were being treated pretty badly. Many spoke only French. They would gather in homes and barns and play music and dance. This outlet of expression helped many thousands get through the hard times of the depression and persecution. Today's Zydeco music is a product of this wonderful and vanishing heritage. My family had many talented musicians and singers. Not the least of which was my mother and her beautiful voice. Y'all keep up the good work Promethean Spark!

I have a pretty large "HAVE" list. I hope you find some seeds there you like.

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 4:00AM
girlwithagreenthumb(9)

Red Onions for Potato Onions? I have some nice fresh red onions and I'd love some potato onions or american leeks

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 1:53AM
More Discussions
WANTED: onion and garlic
Looking for any mild/sweet onion and/or garlic. Thank...
Kjnorris918
Have Heirloom German Red Bulbils for trade
I have a lot of heirloom German Red garlic bulbils...
apoppyfield
WANTED: trades
Grown with organic methods. Harvested in the past few...
austinnhanasmom
Wanna trade garlics?
I've 6 varieties of artichoke garlics that do well...
lorabell NC
HAVE: a few kinds garlic to trade
Have some garlic to trade: Musik,spanish roja,russian...
sugarshane1313
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™