Help with green onions
Ok...I'm confused. I have never planted onions in my garden before. My parents always said they were too difficult (a very long time ago). I'd like to grow green onions for a continuous supply. What is the best way to do this? I've read 10 or so pages from a search and don't see the information (or it was conflicting) that I was looking for. I'd like to know about the following:
1. Do I plant as seeds?
2. What variety should I plant if I only want green onions?
3. When do I plant? (spring is my next chance)
4. What is the spacing? I'm putting 16 raised beds in my 40' x 80' garden that are 2' x 7' each for items that are perrenials. Would this be a good place?
5. How long until I start being able to harvest?
6. Will they propagate by themselves? Would I need to move them in the fall?
BTW...strawberries (this spring), asparagas (this spring) and garlic (this fall) are going in the other raised beds.
Thanks for your help..