Mmmm... Recipe

AustinApril(8b)June 7, 2005

"Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic in a Clay Pot" is the recipe name. Think I'm gonna have to try this one!

Got any to add that uses a lot of garlic? KSRogers, I liked your simple recipe for pickling them on the harvest forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: from Recipe Zaar

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ksrogers(EasternMass Z6)

The 40 clove recipe has been around a while. An old PBS show had it done by the Frugal Gourmet Jeff Smith. My pickled garlic uses either dill weed and seeds, or a few red pepper flakes. Or an italian version with some oregano added. All three are really great and I avoid long processing times as it takes too much of the crispness out of them. I don't want to 'cook' the garlic cloves in a vinegar brine, only preserve them and prevent food poisoning. I firmly believe that if the brine is at least 70% vinegar and some pickling salt is added, the end result is a very safe product. For a slightly different twist, I also add a little turmeric as a yellow color to give them a bit more brightness. Eaten out of the jar, or cut up course in salads is a great way to serve them.

Bookmark   June 8, 2005 at 2:03PM
More Discussions
Redwing vs Ruby Ring
Hello, does anybody have experience with both of the...
galinas
Farmer's Market Hardnech vs. Softneck Garlic
I just notice that the garlic we bought recently from...
redsun9
Multiplier Onions - Spring vs Fall Planting
Zone 5, Madison WI area. I'm growing an old variety...
skeip
Do you soak your garlic before planting?
Was wonering how many do the overnight soak treatment...
obrionusa
Potassium for Root Development
When planting your fall garlic, what source of potassium...
Ricko1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™