Copra and Walla Walla big difference...

pepbob1(zone5, nh)June 29, 2009

I planted Copra and Walla Walla plants this spring at the same time and my Copra Plants are way outpacing my Walla Walla plants in top growth. The Walla Walla plants seem to be breaking ground as far as the onions starting to be visible. Is this commkon for these 2 varieties, i dont remember this big difference in top growth from last year. Any thoughts? Iam in Nashua Nh zone 5, i think it was April when i planted the small plants.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pdxmark

I planted Copra and Walla Wallas for the first time this year. I started both from seed. They seem to be doing equally well with good top growth and now starting to bulb. I don't know if the bulbing is "on schedule," but they're both doing it. It's not really an answer to your question about what's common, but as one other data point, they seem pretty comparable in they growth characteristics.

Bookmark   June 30, 2009 at 12:11PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pepbob1(zone5, nh)

thanks for the response to my posting, ya i guess its such a big difference in their growth characteristics this year that has me puzzled, i dont remember from last year that there was such a difference. The Walla Wallas are visibly bulbing, im sure, or lets say i hope, the Copra are doing the same!

Bookmark   June 30, 2009 at 12:52PM
More Discussions
onion cipolla giarratana
i would like to grow this veriety but can not find...
bee456
How are your storage alliums doing?
How are people's garlic and onions standing up to storage...
OldDutch
Saving Onion Seed
Last spring I picked a few of the best onions I had...
steve333_gw
If it looks like a leek, and smells like a leek...
I have what I feel like may be a stupid question. We...
MaryBeth Hostetler
Garlic Plants are Coming Up (Fall 2014)
I planted some garlic bulbs about 2-3 weeks ago. And...
redsun9
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™