Rakkyo Coming In

gardenlad(6b KY)June 27, 2006

Looks like I'll have a bumper crop of Rakkyo this year. Just dug one, as a test, and the bulbs already have formed nicely.

Anyway, after two years of bad rains at the wrong time, I have to rebuild my garlic collection. So I'm looking to set up a trade.

What I want in particular are Shvelisi (Chesnook Red), Music, and Xian. But I'm certainly open to other possibilities.

What I'm thinking is that three Rakkyo bulbs per garlic bulb would be about right. But that's open to negotiation, too.

Let me know what all y'all would like to trade.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plumfan(Z8)

I can give you seeds or sets of an heirloom english leek that we think is pretty good. The leaves have a purple sheen to them.

I have no idea what the formal name of this leek is, but it is only passed from gardner to gardner in the UK, as it is not permitted to be sold by seedstores over there. They have very funny rules about what kind of seeds can be sold. In the USA, just about anything can be sold.

Bookmark   July 9, 2006 at 5:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cindy_7

Hi-

It's been a while since I posted here, but I happen to have a good amount of Music. We had an extremely dry spring so they are not as large as last year, but they are a decent size.

Let me know.

Cindy

Bookmark   July 13, 2006 at 10:11AM
More Discussions
How Many Varieties of Garlic Chives?
I'm not sure if there are specific varieties of the...
redsun9
Garlic Plants are Coming Up (Fall 2014)
I planted some garlic bulbs about 2-3 weeks ago. And...
redsun9
Potato onion's free/trade
Hello I have some small left over sets I will not be...
travis2
Garlic with Rust - what would you do?
I do not intend to destroy the plants, I am resigned...
CathyCA Zone10
onion cipolla giarratana
i would like to grow this veriety but can not find...
bee456
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™