Cold hardy cacti resource

succulentlover(Zone 6, SE PA)June 6, 2007

Hi. I've been trying to find a place that sells cold hardy cacti. I had placed an order with a company in Canada that had a nice variety, but I have not heard back from them. Other than that place, I have not found any other places that have a decent selection. If anyone can give me some links it would be great! The plants I had ordered were:

Echinocereus reichenbachii v. albispinus

Echinocereus viridiflorus

Pediocactus simpsonii v. minor

Also, tho it is off topic, I had order a couple other plants that I have yet to find except on the same site as the hardy cacti.

The first one is Sedum sieboldii 'Mediovariegatum'. This plant has distinct blue and yellow varigated leaves. I found it listed as Sedum sieboldii f. variegatum on davesgarden.com.

The other plant, which I have absolutely fallen in love with is, Carduncellus pinnatus, which I beleive is a very low growing alpine thistle.

Thanks in advance for any help ^^

Ross Wexler

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leftwood(z4a MN)

Try this:
http://www.highcountrygardens.com/

Good quality, in my experience, and many cactus are zone 4 hardy too.

Bookmark   June 16, 2007 at 12:20PM
succulentlover(Zone 6, SE PA)

Wow, very nice site!! Thanks so much leftwood. I'm placing an order right now. They have some really nice looking stuff!

Bookmark   June 16, 2007 at 8:08PM
silent1pa

Opuntia... pear cactus does well on my property here in the West Chester area. I have the yellow flowering variety and it grows best suspended from a stone wall but also survives well on the ground if it remains free from larger plants. I stuck a single pad eight feet up in a stone wall and it now touches ground after three years and stays green all winter with very little dye back. Quite edible too.

Bookmark   July 21, 2007 at 9:44AM
More Discussions
Can you grow Sempervivum from seed?
I am in the process of starting a rock garden around...
kim31kim
Growing Moss?
I have recently bought a house with a moss-rock fireplace...
LSNock - CO
about flower
want to know all about it..anybody can help
hmerrillb
happy gold quad and few other.
I am sorry, I post in the wrong forum. How do I delete...
ltran54
Calceolaria Darwinii(uniflora)
Hey guys, i was just wondering if anyone had or knew...
bonsaimaster1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™