Another good online garlic guide

UncleJohn(z4 NH)September 19, 2005

I stumbled on an exceptional guide for many aspects of garlic by UCSC. It ended up as an eight page pdf document when I archived it.

http://socialsciences.ucsc.edu/casfs/gardenideas/garlic.html

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PacNWest

That is a good guide. I am supposed to plant garlic tonight at our community garden and it has made me rethink what I am going to plant. I will have to stop at home and get some bigger cloves than I planned on using, and maybe less hardneck variety. We grow veggies for a low income free restaurant and sometimes my volunteers pick things before they are truely ripe or ready. I try hard to never complain or criticize them, am so happy to get help, but sometimes inside I am thinking "OH NO". This will be the first year for garlic at this garden.

Bookmark   September 28, 2005 at 1:51PM
UncleJohn(z4 NH)

The restaurant and garden sound like great projects/institutions. I would be interested in hearing more about them.

Bookmark   September 30, 2005 at 7:28AM
PacNWest

I work for one of the larger companies in town. They own a large lot next to our building that used to be full of weeds and garbage. We have converted it into a garden and donate the food we grow to a low income free restaurant. Usually one or two times a week I go out on my lunch hour, ocasionally will spend a few hours after work out there. It can sometimes be overwelming cause we don't ever seem to have enough people to help, but it is for a great cause, I think. I keep hearing how low income people cannot afford vegetables, this is my way of helping.

Bookmark   September 30, 2005 at 12:18PM
jimw00d(USDA zone 7)
    Bookmark   October 5, 2005 at 12:39PM
More Discussions
Reasons to Grow Your Own Onions?
We consume some onions and we buy them from local farmer's...
redsun9
Kelsae starts
I have done lots of research but am curious to when...
SouthCountryGuy Zone 4b-5 SE BC
Potato onion's free/trade
Hello I have some small left over sets I will not be...
travis2
Do oriental alliums (globe master, etc) have flimsy leaves?
it has been raining pretty good and none of my other...
pinkkpearls
Multiplier Onions - Spring vs Fall Planting
Zone 5, Madison WI area. I'm growing an old variety...
skeip
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™