Upon inspecting one of my hippeastrum species around a month ago, I discovered what seemed to be a softish area on one part of the bulb. I've peeled back the rotting area 3 weeks in a row, but cannot seem to stem the rot. I had no fungicide availible, so last week I used cinnamon. 1 week later I dug it up, and while I still have a red area, the flesh is at least firm.
My question is: Is this still mold or perhaps something akin to "scar tissue"?
Has any one had good experience halting mold entirely? Moldicide?