Does anyone grow gethyllis?

rredbbeard(SE CT USA/zone 6)February 5, 2014

I'm going to be looking for seedlings of gethyllis very soon, and wondered if many people here have experience with this species? Are these much more difficult to grow than albuca? I'll be posting a swap in the appropriate place, but if anyone here would like to talk about a trade, please let me know. I have a number of desirable species amaryllids that don't appear on my swap page--just ask.

Thanks!

--Rick in frozen CT

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)

Did you ever hear from anyone? Your post sat idle for 3 weeks....I'm curious about these as well. Will you update us?
K

Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 1:17PM
rredbbeard(SE CT USA/zone 6)

Gladly! I did locate some bulbs of this, and I'm waiting for them like a kid waiting for Santa Claus, just concerned about this frigid weather. These south african bulbs are fascinating, a whole new chapter of CHAD...hmmm...."south african CHAD syndrome--symptoms often include a general aching in the wallet, and shortness of living space..." lol.

I'll keep you all posted!

--Rick in CT

Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 2:40PM

Where did you order them from? I hope they don't ship anytime soon. These Artic blasts can't be good for them.

K

Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 5:08PM
rredbbeard(SE CT USA/zone 6)

I ordered them from SoilAndRoots.com in South Africa, which has a nice selection, however I haven't received that order yet. I've got my fingers crossed! SilverHill also has a great selection of seeds--it's a massive catalog, and their order came in fast, in ~a week.

--Rr

Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 6:45PM

Thanks!! Will have to explore seeds and small bulbs!
K

Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 7:33PM
More Discussions
New Season
The 2015 Hippy season has begun - hooray! First out...
hippiezep
stampstudio
My uni-colours
The second to follow
brigarif Khan
And one more Cybister...
F2 from "Chico" x H.papilio on a particularly...
haweha
Bulbs need to go in the ground
Thanks to the generosity of the people on this forum,...
jane__ny
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™