Lindera Erythrocarpum

misssherry(Z8/9SE MS)March 3, 2007

I'm in southeast Mississippi, USA, and I'm growing various members of the laurel family from Asia. I can't get any information as to the cultural requirements of lindera erythrocarpum/Chinese spicebush. Has anybody grown this plant? I'd guess it probably needs part sun/part shade and moist, slightly acid soil, but I don't know that for sure.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Sherry

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
digdirt2(6b-7a No.Cent. AR HZ8 Sun-35)

North Carolina Botanical Garden has a little blurb on it in their latest newsletter What's Blooming - "sun/med, easy care, little-known large decidious shrub known for its yellow color and red berries, etc." but you probably already knew all that. :) But you might be able to get some additional info on it from them.

Here is a link that might be useful: NCBG

Bookmark   March 31, 2007 at 7:05PM
denn(USDA Z6)

Hello Fellow Gardener ,
I was wondering how your Lindera Erythrocarpa is performing for you ?? As a 58 year old plant collector , I have been searching in earnest for this plant for a number of years and was wondering if that plant ever set seeds in it's location ?? I know the seeds lose viability very fast ( especially unwashed and dry stored ) but if it sets seeds so would you be willing to donate a few ?? If that is impossible could you possibly link me to any gardeners in your area that possess this plant ?? Currently I have Lindera obtusiloba , Linder benzoin , and Lindera angustifolia in our collection and all seem to be doing well.
I appreciate your time and input . Thanks again and HAPPY GROWING 2013 ! .
Please feel free to contact me :davidia6555NOSPAM@yahoo.com

Bookmark   December 23, 2012 at 1:08PM
denn(USDA Z6)

I am still searching for FRESH lindera erythrocarpa seed so does anyone out there have any positive suggestions ??? TIA :)

Bookmark   September 8, 2013 at 7:48AM
More Discussions
tamarin
Hi all, i'd bought some fresh, ripe tamarin to eat,...
tintin002
What plant is this?
My mom gave this plant to me, for as long as I can...
mythumbisblue
Growing Clovers in the Philippines?
I've recently been into micro gardening and have been...
Snork.Maiden
Moringa Oleifera
Hi. I am looking for fresh leaves and Moringa Seeds. Does...
Aniko
Chinese Name for Witch Hazel?
Trying to figure out...
RedSun (Zone 6, NJ)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™