Need Gongura Red and Green seeds

Ravi9March 31, 2014

Hi,

I am looking for red and green Gongura (Hibiscus sabdariffa) seeds.

If any one interested to share/sell these seeds, please let me know. I do not have any seeds to share. just now I started.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zensojourner

Ravi, have you tried Exotic Seeds of India?

My ex used to crave gongura pickle when he first moved here in the 70s. Back then we didn't have nice shops like you can find now. And foreign mail was HORRIBLY expensive. Still his family scraped up the money to send him home-made gongura pickle via mail a couple of times.

Here is a link that might be useful: Red stemmed gongura seeds

Bookmark   September 27, 2014 at 2:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wynnho

Roselle, sometimes called Florida Cranberry (H. sabdariffa). Roselle is grown in the tropics for its red seed pod that is cooked, preserved or used in teas.

A possible problem comes from the prolific seed production of this plant: one garden author stated that when pruned branches were drug across the yard, the seed fell and produced many new plants. Be careful where it is used and be sure to keep an eye out for unwanted seedlings.
I copied and pasted that into a file long ago. I, too, want the seeds. If you get them, even 5 years from now, can we please trade?
As far as I know, this is the one VERY high in vitamins and minerals and drunk in tea.

Bookmark   February 4, 2015 at 7:10PM
More Discussions
Osmanthus yunnanensis
Hi. I got this plant from the Portland Classical Chinese...
nomadic
Chinese Name for Witch Hazel?
Trying to figure out...
redsun9
Looking for Ume in LA/Orange County
Does anyone know a nursery in LA/Orange County that...
Avocado101
Ampalaya
When all danger of frost is past I will be growing...
dirt_dew
lauki seeds
Hello everyone, I am looking for Lauki seeds, willing...
Kay17jan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™