Tiger Lillys

edspanglerApril 2, 2013

Greetings, I posted this question on a different forum and was told that Tiger Lillys are not a "Native Plant" , I did not know that, since it appears they are "Asian" in origin, I hope I have the right place to post my question (s) .
In a couple weeks I will receive several Tiger Lilly Bulbs ,I am going to be planting them in an old Washtub with holes drilled in bottom and on sides next to bottom . for drainage, I will place a small layer of gravel in bottom to aid in drainage, Then I will fill the tub with Miracle Grow " Moisture Control" soil.
Where I need help is from this point forward, what how should I feed / fertilize the Tiger Lillys. Any and all advice greatly appreciated!! Please respond by email so I can print and use the advice!!
Thanks!!
ED

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Colinmires

It might be Asian as I saw Tiger Lillys in Myanmar in a place called Pyin Oo Lwin. Actually these are old gardens constructed by the British lone time a go.
But it may explain the conflict.
The reference can be found here:
Travel Blog

Here is a link that might be useful: Travel Blog

Bookmark   May 26, 2013 at 10:19AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wynnho

I think the orange tiger lilies are native to my area in Georgia since some have come up in a few places. No one has lived on this land for hundreds of years. I was told it was lived on by slaves, so i doubt they had the money for imported flower bulbs.

Bookmark   February 4, 2015 at 7:33PM
More Discussions
Need Gongura Red and Green seeds
Hi, I am looking for red and green Gongura (Hibiscus...
Ravi9
Looking for bamboo, etc.
I have already posted to the bamboo exchange forum,...
watergarden2006
Division of Zingiberaceae
Hi all wondering what the 'rule of thumb' is when it...
cherax
completely yellow lucky bamboo stalk
Hi everyone. A friend of mine is going out of town...
Puchinita5
Tsau Ping Lak, Atalantia buxifolia
If you Google the Atalantia buxifolia (formerly Severinia...
zorba_the_greek
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™