Source for a Kaffir lime tree?

mrao77(TX US zone 7)May 4, 2006

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a local source for a Kaffir lime tree/plant in the Dallas area. I cannot afford to pay the atrociuos shipping charges and the minimum order needed by some of the online companies.

Anyone has a tree and can share? I would be happy ot trade or send postage. Plmk

Thanks,

M

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pitimpinai(z6 Chicago)

Maybe check out a Thai grocery store in your area. They usally have them in small pots early spring.

Bookmark   August 7, 2006 at 10:15PM
ntt_hou

Just as long as you don't get confuse with the Kumquats. If you're in Dallas, perhaps you should drive down here to Houston. There's an asian nursery in the NW part of town calls JRN Nursery. She has Kaffir lime tree. I purchased one from her last year and it's now bearing fruits :)

JRN Nursery is on Breen Rd. (SH 249 & Antoine). Link is below. Here's a quick way to get there. Traveling down from I-45, take the Beltway 8 exit and go West. On Antoine, turn left and go all the way toward SH 249. On SH 249, turn left and keep the right lane to Breen. Turn right on Breen and the nursery is on your left.

If you come, I advise that you should only bring as much money as you intend to spend. Otherwise, all will be gone. I'm serious, this place looks small on the outside, until you go in... way in... and... can't find your way out. She carries Orchids and Bonsai too.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.jrnnursery.com/

Bookmark   August 15, 2006 at 1:08AM
ntt_hou

If the fruit do well and if it has seeds, I can send you some and see if you can grow them.

Early this year, I was able to grow some Kumquats from the seeds of plants that I have.

You'd have to e-mail me and remind me though. I'm getting old and tend to forget. I don't know when the fruits will be ready though. Check back with me at the end of the year? I'll save the seeds, regardless. If I hear from you, I'll send you some.

Natalie

Bookmark   August 15, 2006 at 1:13AM
ntt_hou

From time to time, I still get requests for Kaffir lime seeds. I'm posting to let you all know that all the seeds I had have been given away.

We had a long hard freeze season last winter. Unfortunately my Kaffir lime tree didn't make it. Sorry, no more seeds folks.

Bookmark   September 14, 2010 at 1:59PM
noss(Zone 9a Lafayette, LA)

Hello,

I clicked on the link to the JRN Nursery and it wasn't the nursery that I could see.

Thanks,

noss

Bookmark   September 20, 2010 at 2:20AM
ckap(9a Sugar Land,Texas)

I am in houston and also looking for the kaffir lime tree.Any ideas.

Bookmark   October 5, 2010 at 9:08AM
ltran54(9)

There is another nursary also on Breen Road own my Thai person. I had his name and phone number at home.
He sold many Kaffir lime tree for cheaper. If you still need info, reply to this forum and I try get it to you next posting message.

Bookmark   October 27, 2010 at 3:35PM
ckap(9a Sugar Land,Texas)

Yes I am still looking for Kaffir lime tree in houston,any ideas.

Bookmark   November 5, 2010 at 11:59AM
Jsmith1776(9b)

There are two JRN Nursery. There is one on the Southwest side of town. They offer pretty much the same thing at both nursery. I went to JRN Nursery 2 before I found the original on the north side of town.

I get my pandanus amaryllifolius there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here is the new link to the site mention above.

Bookmark   January 3, 2012 at 12:50AM
JIMMY_SAYAVONG(8A)

I got my at Doan nursery in Irving at Beltline st , that was where I got mine about 8 yrs ago. It is big now an I have to prune them every year so that I can put inside my patio during the winter. See photo attached. However , it does not produce any fruit , but since I only use leaf for oriental cooking therefore I don't really care.

Jimmy

Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 11:40AM
farm96744

Jimmy, that is a really beautiful tree; awesome prune job/s; and the compactness and branching structure of the tree; and especially for a region 7? wow.

would love to learn more if you have any potting/planting tips or pruning tips to share.

could only hope to have my trees looking like that!

Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 10:58PM
More Discussions
Persian Lime and Pummelo in pots
Does anyone know where I could buy Persian Lime, Pummelo...
summer_fashion
Looking for bamboo, etc.
I have already posted to the bamboo exchange forum,...
watergarden2006
What plant is this?
My mom gave this plant to me, for as long as I can...
mythumbisblue
Need Gongura Red and Green seeds
Hi, I am looking for red and green Gongura (Hibiscus...
Ravi9
Moringa Oleifera
Hi. I am looking for fresh leaves and Moringa Seeds. Does...
Aniko
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™