Help needed

evelynguoJune 10, 2009

Hi!

I really appreciated your help. I bought my house 6 years ago. The soil is clay type. I planted tomatoes, cucumber, beans, and peppers. It was fine for the first several years. Start from 3 year before, the plant grow really slow, and the edge of leaf turn yellow. The bigger plant is ok. However, if I just put the plant in when it is really small, most of them are died. I put manual, pet moss, top soil and balanced fertilizer in. I also put miracle grow in. It seems don't work.

This year, the same things happened. My plants are dying. Please help. Please let me know how I can check my soil and determine what's wrong.

Thank you so much!!

Evelyn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
engk916(6/NJ)

have you thought about testing your soil? the local county extension offices administer soil tests for a small fee (mine here in nj charged me $15). if manure, peat moss and fertilizer do not work, it sounds like something might be really wrong with your soil. only a soil test will tell you. once you get the results, you can go look on the soil forum here on gardenweb to find out how to fix whatever the problem is. hope this helps.

i had heavy clay soil here in nj, and got a soil test done. nothing was too bad, it just needed a lot of compost mixed in to lighten the soil. all my vegetables are doing very well. it sounds like you are doing the same thing and your plants are dying, so it's probably somethign else that's causing it.

Bookmark   July 8, 2009 at 10:32PM
More Discussions
Anyone have bitter gourd seeds or snake gourd seeds to share?
Anyone have bitter gourd seeds or snake gourd seeds...
bluehaven_gweb
Division of Zingiberaceae
Hi all wondering what the 'rule of thumb' is when it...
cherax
Moringa Oleifera
Hi. I am looking for fresh leaves and Moringa Seeds. Does...
Aniko
Pandanus amaryllifolius/ Pandan edible spice?
Hi, I found a place that carries this spice. I was...
sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)
Chinese Garden Information
suggesting a Chinese Garden Info Site -contains great...
williamconway99
Sponsored Products
Minka Lavery | Wing Ceiling Fan
YLiving.com
Imperial Cat Sofa Scratch n Shapes - Love Seat - 00138
$23.29 | Hayneedle
Icy Pinecone Set of 4 Pint Glasses
Classic Hostess
Magma Low Voltage Teal Crackle Mini Pendant
$339.99 | Bellacor
Colin Spice 63-Inch Tall Blackout Window Curtain Panel
$23.95 | Bellacor