Web site and hybrid ?

bluebonsai101(6a PA)February 17, 2010

Hi, I was fiddling around and came across this web site....likley been posted before, but I do not check in that often so would not have seen it: http://www.amarylis.estranky.cz/stranka/name_hippeastrum_8

So, the question is, when everyone imported from OZ last year did you get a hybrid called 'Margaret Eggins'? Someone mentioned it to me so thought I'd ask the experts.

Can't wait until spring gets here and I can stop shoveling snow :o) Dan

Here is a link that might be useful: List of Hippeastrum hybrids

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
npublici(Zephyrhills,Fl)

Dan,that looks like a pretty good site,but I couldn't get pages, past the first two, to load. Thank you,I'll try again, some other time. I would like to see,and may start, a list of known ploidy of species and hybrids,along with that and other additional information. I'm sure that the Dutch and S. African growers have it,but they're not helping with any scientific information.
Del

Bookmark   February 17, 2010 at 9:56AM
dondeldux

Hi Dan, I just saw your post and question about Margaret Eggins and I just came upon a Mcguires called Margaret III
I don't suppose that could be it, is the only Margaret I've heard of. Here is a picture of MargaretIIIFrom FLAMING PEACOCK ......Not too exciting is it............

Donna

Bookmark   February 20, 2010 at 3:23PM
bluebonsai101(6a PA)

Hi Donna,

I was told by someone (e-mail me at plantguy@zoominternet.net ) that it is a rare hybrid......I have no clue as you know, but sounded nice I guess.....the description I got was nothing at all like the pic you show.....I have not e-mailed him back to ask for a pic as of yet.....too busy as usual. I'm looking for a few other things and that happened to come up, although I can not remember why right now. Thanks for the info :o) Dan

Bookmark   February 20, 2010 at 5:36PM
dancacti(Melbourne, Aust zn10)

I have Margaret Eggins - I was given it by a keen 'rare plants' collector here in Victoria, however mine is only an offset and isn't at flowering stage yet.

I don't believe it is a Maguire's Hybrid.

Bookmark   February 27, 2010 at 7:08AM
bluebonsai101(6a PA)

I've now seed a pic of it and it is quite lovely as a hybrid. It is in fact an Aussie hybrid. Thanks for the info :o) Dan

Bookmark   February 27, 2010 at 11:23AM
More Discussions
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
Rebloomer 'Giraffe'
Reblooming 'Giraffe' First scape with 5 flowers!! :)...
lenanen
Any H. Piri-Piri blooms?
Mine is just opening. Solid dark red cybister. Photos...
Did anyone get an H004?
The buds on mine are exposed and the color is looking...
Worsleya aka Blue Amaryllis
I thought I would post my latest pics to a more reasonably...
bluebonsai101
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™