Nycthanthes seed

bcuervaNovember 14, 2011

My Nyctanthes Arbor Tristis (Parijat, Indian Jasmine) plant is thriving and it has reached about 3.5 ft high. (its been tough for some reason it didn't grow for a while but its doing great now) I noticed a green seed on the tip of one of the branches last week and I'm so excited but I don't know what to do with it :P Do I wait for it to fall off? Do I pluck it off and dry it? I got about 6-8 flowers from it and was not expecting a seed so early :) If anyone knows what I should do, please help me I don't want this seed to go to waste.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chanchal

Hi friend , Im from West Bengal, India. If u want the seed , let it grow larger and mature. U may pluck it after spring. Btu it is the first seed of a young plant. It is hard to germinate . Use GA to germinate it. By the way , in India Parijat is planted not in the east as it is treated as the tree of sorrow . Best of luck. Chanachal .. bgan

Bookmark   January 16, 2012 at 6:20AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ju1234((8 Dallas TX))

Don't worry about picking seeds. This plant is best grown from cuttings. They root very easily. Just cut branches, stick them in ground in fall and come spring they will all have nice roots and leaves. Even putting them in a pot of water will root them easily.

Bookmark   May 11, 2012 at 6:37PM
More Discussions
Looking for Ume in LA/Orange County
Does anyone know a nursery in LA/Orange County that...
Avocado101
Ceylon Olives
Anyone know anything about Ceylon Olive trees? Elaeagnus...
flatwoods_farm
Has anyone planted tulips succesfully in around Thailandzone?
I've shipped some nice tulip bulbs from holland to...
muckpuk
Gongura Red and Green seeds available
Gongura Red and Green seeds available pls email : myids10@gmail.com Looking...
Seedssun
Looking to buy a curry leaf plant
Hi friends, Is anybody who lives closeby willing to...
vid_nand
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™