WANTED: Asian beans
I am a collector & dedicated seed saver, seeking seed for Asian beans, including the following:
- Soybean (Glycine max)
- Adzuki (Vigna angularis)
- Black gram (Vigna mungo)
- Green gram (Vigna radiata)
- Cowpeas (Vigna unguiculata)
- Yardlongs/Asparagus beans/Long beans (Vigna unguiculata, subspecies: sesquipedalis)
- Other edible legumes of Asian origin that might succeed in my Midwest climate
I am interested in _named cultivars_ of Asian origin, seed from Asian seed companies outside the U.S., or heirlooms brought here from Asia. If the variety is rare or unusual, that is a plus. If you have grown the variety yourself, that is also a plus, since that means I am more likely to be successful with it.
I am _not_ seeking:
- Hybrid varieties
- Patented or genetically-modified varieties
- Generic "mung", "adzuki", etc., or seed sold in bulk for human consumption.
Any varieties that I am able to grow successfully will be offered to others through Gardenweb, the Seed Savers Exchange, and my local Asian community. Please review my Exchange Page for seeds that I offer in trade. Thank you.