Guajes...where to buy???

kitty1976March 30, 2006

Hi everyone!...I hope someone can help me here. I've been going absolutely mad about trying to find a place to buy guajes. I used to have a tree in my back yard when I was little but after my parents divorced, my mom cut down the tree and I really want to grow one in my back yard. Can anyone out there please direct me to a place I can buy one at? Many many thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Violet_Z6(6a)

Always research the Latin/Scientific/Botanical name of what you're wanting to find. Check the FAQ for this forum to find out how. This will help you find your sources.

leucaena tree = guaje tree = Leucaena leucocephala

See this existing thread for more info:
Leucaena leucocephala.

Click here for sources.

Bookmark   March 31, 2006 at 10:05AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
baci(z10Ca)

It looks like Violet referred you to my other post. I got mine at a swap meet from a Hispanic lady. It took me a long time to figure out what I had, but many helpful people on forum helped me understand the tree. If I see any more trees I can e-mail you, but the only other option I know of is starting them from seed. Seeds are available at Mexican markets. The other option, as Violet said, is finding the plant at a nursery in So CA by searching the botanic name. I believe I have also seen them growing them in some of the botanic parks in Southern CA, but I do not have an exact ID on the trees.

Bookmark   April 1, 2006 at 5:15AM
More Discussions
south Indian red spinach seeds for exchange
I have this plant of which I don't know the name. It...
susany
Kikuza squash
HI gardeners: Many months ago I posted looking for...
garlicgrower
forestelves
Tandaljo
Pic. of Tandaljo This year I have added one more vegetable...
chaman
16 Foods That�ll Re-Grow from Kitchen Scraps
16 Foods That�ll Re-Grow from Kitchen Scraps http://wakeup-world.com/2012/10/15/16-foods-thatll-re-grow-from-kitchen-scraps/ Leeks,...
jctsai8b
Sponsored Products
OttLite Lamps 11 in. Telescoping-Arm White Desk Lamp 964008
$34.99 | Home Depot
Campania International Wilfred Wishtender The Gnome Cast Stone Garden Statue - S
$39.99 | Hayneedle
60" Silva Cherry Double Vanity for Undermount Sinks
Signature Hardware
Seashell Outdoor Planter - Large (29"W)
Grandin Road
Versahl Matte Chrome 3-Spotlight Offset Arc Track Fixture
Lamps Plus
Double White Vertical Designer Radiator Modern Design 63 x 23 1/4
Hudson Reed
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™