Cybisters 'Tiramisu' & 'Machala'

jimnpa (6a PA USA)February 1, 2012

I received 'Tiramisu' last year from RC. It bloomed for me last winter, sent up another scape in the spring and is now sending up 3 scapes, two of which are in bloom.

This is 'Machala'. I was pleasantly surprised that RC offered it this year. I thought that it was out of production.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
blancawing

Hi Jim,

Your photos are a testament to why I love cybisters. Thank you! They are exotically beautiful, generous rebloomers, and the majority are good seed and pollen parents.

It's so interesting that these special cybisters from Royal Colors are reblooming at around the same time for us here in the US no matter where we live. Josh's 'Melfi' recently bloomed at the same time as one of mine, and my 'Tiramisu' from last year has two tall scapes getting ready to bloom. You must have given yours extra TLC to get 3 scapes - Good Growing!

The one exception is my Machala. I have had it for about two years, and this year it is still snoozing. However, I need to say that I have subjected it to cooler temperatures than the rebloomers. Another 'Machala' will be on its way to me at the end of February. I am still hoping that Paul will unearth more rare and/or out of production cybisters for us. He always has my wish list.

Cheers,

Blanca

Bookmark   February 1, 2012 at 7:14PM
dondeldux

Jim..Your picture of Tiramisu makes me really angry with myself for missing out on this treasure last year...it is just beautiful and if I ever again get the chance, this time I won't hesitate!! It's really lovely!!
As I grow hippeastrum for another season my tastes are most definitly leaning toward the cybisters and the more exotics...live and learn...This year for the first time I bought and bloomed both Chico and Evergreen..they turned the tide for me..I am awaiting 2 scapes worth of blooms from a Lima...and if I'm lucky maybe it's really a Jungle Star...!!

Donna

Bookmark   February 1, 2012 at 7:45PM
fishing_dentist

Real beauties! I cannot wait til march, to see them flower, when i bring up my bulbs in the small greenhouse.

Bookmark   February 2, 2012 at 9:41AM
houstonpat(9a)

Wow ! That Tiramisu is killer !

Bookmark   February 2, 2012 at 9:55AM
haweha

"Tiramisu" is epic. Fabulous Performance, dramatic color design. Upto 6 florets per umbel! Thank you for showing this. Now I must have one!

Bookmark   February 2, 2012 at 11:09AM
berkeleysgr8(8B)

Both are beautiful, but Tiramisu is definitely my favorite of those two! Great shape and colors!

Bookmark   February 12, 2012 at 6:06PM
More Discussions
The brighter side of a cold and snowy day...
3 Flower Papilio Bulb #2 opens it's flowers
mariava7
Do I need to repot my amaryllis. Did so last May. It prospered.
I got advice here last May or so, and repotted it....
michelange2
Hippeastrum H554
Taken inside without flash. The first scape had some...
jstropic
And one more Cybister...
F2 from "Chico" x H.papilio on a particularly...
haweha
How to save my Amaryllis?
I got the bulb in a package with soil at a grocery...
leuconoe
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™