Not a Red Lion?

gmwill(5 Northern IL)February 10, 2011

I first thought this was a Red Lion but has been wondering why it seems not as dark as what I had last year.

Could it has been Orange Sovereign? I bought it as Red Lion at Target in the S&H specialty section.

-GM

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dondeldux

GM,

Last year I got a Red Lion type as a mislabel, and this year it bloomed a very large dark orange..not red at all. I also have a Red Peacock which is a Red to the orange side and this year it was as orange as could be, not a hint of red in it. These things can happen.. due to temperatures and summer growing conditions.. but whatever you have got there is the most beautiful red flower I've seen in a long time! What a lovely shot you got of it..enjoy it!

Donna

Bookmark   February 10, 2011 at 8:04PM
gmwill(5 Northern IL)

Donna,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences. I guess we will have to see how it turns out next year.

This "Red Lion", nontheless, is a beauty.
I do enjoy it.

-GM

Bookmark   February 11, 2011 at 8:53PM
tiarella(7b)

I bought a Red Lion from Target in their S&H section and got a Flamenco Queen instead! You never know exactly what you are going to get. My hubby calls it fraud to advertise (show a picture and a name of a certain hippie) and receive something other than what is advertised. I a happy with what I got, so what does he know!

Bookmark   February 11, 2011 at 10:16PM
gmwill(5 Northern IL)

tiarella,

I am happpy for your good fortune for both your Flamenco Queen and hubby. He seems to be an honest guy. Sometimes they could be a bit stubborn, but you know they mean well and are unlikely to lie to you. Happy Valentine to you both!

-GM

Bookmark   February 14, 2011 at 7:59AM
More Discussions
Worsleya aka Blue Amaryllis
I thought I would post my latest pics to a more reasonably...
bluebonsai101
id for orange amaryllis
I am looking for the botanical name for this orange...
linda_leaf z10fla
Help Me Grow A Worsleya
Hello. I'm a avid collector of amaryllis bulbs. I heard...
robnelms
Hippeastrum correiense
From Komoriya.. Sooo hopeful for the blooms.. What...
radhavall
test
just trying to figure out if i am signed in
snowdogmama
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™