Limona Putting Out Scapes.....BUT.......

aveo5February 17, 2012

Hi.

Well my pot crammed full of 'Limona' bulbs, is putting out a scape from each of its 5 bulbs,exactly 1 year to the day it bloomed last year:), i keep track,I just saw the scapes peaking out today, BUT this is very odd and I wanted to find out if it happens to others, or is this something that THIS variety does, or what?

Each bulb has/had like 2-3 nice green leaves on them,but they are now dropping off, turning yellow and dropping off. So I will just have the scapes. kind of a cool look I bet! I know it had leaves on it last year...but is this 'normal' for this variety to do 'bald' when it blooms, or do amaryllis just do this sometimes when certain ones bloom? Or is it just a fluke? I just kind of wanted to know. I have a pot full of bald bulbs now with the tips of scapes peaking out of each bulb, I will have to divide then after they bloom ,the pot is crammed tight,it will burst if the bulbs get a CM. bigger.

Also, now that the scapes are just showing, can I move them into a shadier spot, my front northern facing porch,so I can enjoy them, when the scapes get tall and bloom. At the moment the pot is under a gardenia bush it gets a lot of sun nearly all day till 3pm or so. and on the ground.

Can I move it to the porch,which is all shade, or will I mess up the scapes? Thanks for input.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jackie_o(zone 5/6)

This is the time of year that all of my indoor bulbs have their old leaves turn yellow and I pull them off. Scapes are starting to peek out and new leaves are forming. That's just the normal thing for my indoor bulbs in Feb-March.

Bookmark   February 17, 2012 at 9:48PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aveo5

Well I guess my post is boring...thanks for your reply. Guess my bulbs will be beautiful in the end, and I will move them to the porch once they are fully grown.

Bookmark   February 18, 2012 at 5:38PM
More Discussions
Brecks 'Hardy Amaryllis Collection'
Please tell me if there is, in fact a Amaryllis that...
carmen_grower_2007
Messaging each other....how to do it without following the user!
I found the instructions on another forum! When you...
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
Photos from this evening!
It's saying my post is 6198000 characters over the...
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
Why did amaryllis leaves fall to the side when i put them in new spot
I have an amaryllis that just got done flowering. i...
tlbean2004
And one more Cybister...
F2 from "Chico" x H.papilio on a particularly...
haweha
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™