anyone with really dark green curry leaf plant ?

ani_t(bellevue, wa)May 30, 2004

Hi all,

I amm looking for a curry leaf plant with really dark green leaves. I found some leaves in the indian store which are not very dark green. The kin dI am looking for is super dark green- oily green smaller leavers.

Thanks

ani

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
andy_sa(South Australia)

The leaves go lighter the longer they are kept dried. Better to buy fresh leaves if you can, then stick them in the freezer. I find they keep their colour - and flavour - that way.

Bookmark   June 3, 2004 at 6:19PM
ani_t(bellevue, wa)

I agree, that happens, but I am talking about fresh leaves that I've seen here in the US. They are quite a few shades lighter and have bigger leaves than the ones I've known.

I read somewhere on gardenweb that there are two varieties- big leaf and with small leaf...

Thanks for the tip anyway. I desperately want to grow one. I know I probably wont find it in time to grow it this summer.

ani

Bookmark   June 4, 2004 at 12:00AM
paperwhite(z10 AZ)

ani_t,

I live in Phoenix AZ and i have a curry leaf plant, in winter i notice that the leaves are light green, not much growth, but come summer, they turn dark green and currently putting out a lot of new growth. I planted it three years ago in full sun, it was 10 inches long, now it is almost 6 ft tall. I got in from a nursery in San Diego.

Bookmark   June 4, 2004 at 8:45PM
chaman(z7MD)

I agree with paperwhite.My curry leaf plant shows the same seasonal variation. I live in Marylnd which is cooler than AZ my plant sheds off some leaves and does not show any growth in winter.

chiman

Bookmark   June 5, 2004 at 2:33PM
shivaa

where could i buy a plant?

Bookmark   June 6, 2004 at 1:58PM
chaman(z7MD)

Pl.go to search section GW page and type the name of the plant.

chiman

Bookmark   June 6, 2004 at 2:33PM
atamhank(7)

Hi
I just recently bought a curry plant from Pacific Tropical Garden (808 896 5590) and its leaves are dark green and thriving in New Jersey.

Bookmark   June 15, 2004 at 9:54PM
wsmano(Vic Aust)

There are several cultivars of Curry Plant(Murraya koenigii). One of the cultivar has dark green leaves with strong aroma and is fairly resistant to cold weather in Melbourne compared to light green ones.

Bookmark   May 12, 2005 at 6:11PM
More Discussions
Asian Vegetables Seed Exchange Group
Dear Asian Vegetable home growing enthsiest group. As...
chadmd
Tandaljo
Pic. of Tandaljo This year I have added one more vegetable...
chaman
7 year old Tatsoi mustard seed sprouted
I bought this seed seven years ago on a clearance sale...
californian
Kikuza squash
HI gardeners: Many months ago I posted looking for...
garlicgrower
wanted Murraya koenigii (curry plant) sappling
Hi friends, We recently move to Los Angeles area(Torrance,...
vid_nand
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™