Hoa Thien Ly

alpharetta(z7 GA)September 8, 2006

Yo all,

Where could I get the hoa Thien Ly plants in US? My parents used to grow lot of hoa thien ly in Vietnam. It smell so good at night, and we cook with the flowers with beef or cook the soup...

As for Vietnamese people , there are song named "Gian Thien Ly", which is transalated from a English song,, but I forget the name... Anyone recall?

Thanks

Alpharetta

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
digit(ID/WA)

Alpharetta, I decided to take a wild shot at this . . . Is this plant also known as a Tonkin Jasmine?

The only plant perhaps vaguely like this that I have any familiarity with is a Plumeria that I have owned and cared for over nearly 10 years - almost our only house plant (ventures outdoors every Summer).

Flora Exotica has what they identify as "Tonkin Jasmine, Tonkin Creeper, Pakalana vine, Telosoma, Thien Ly."

This company is in Montreal, Quebec but they claim that, "we ship everywhere in North America and around the world."

Really, I don't know if this is what you are looking for but for want of a more knowledgeable responder . . . here's wishing you the best of luck.

Steve

Here is a link that might be useful: Flora Exotica fragrant plants

Bookmark   September 27, 2006 at 10:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MrZero

The English song is "Scarborough fair". Digit got it right for the English name of Hoa Thien Ly.

Bookmark   August 28, 2012 at 9:44PM
More Discussions
lemon grass rooting from less base than I thought possible
I'd scrutinized the lemon grass at the local stores...
merrybookwyrm
Don't buy bitter melon seeds
At my first attempt to germinate bitter melon from...
janoyan
Tsau Ping Lak, Atalantia buxifolia
If you Google the Atalantia buxifolia (formerly Severinia...
zorba_the_greek
Which Variety of Chinese Chives?
I'd like to plant some Chinese chives, but after looking...
ZoeCat17
anybody know what this is?
i bought some vegetable seeds from ebay and the plant...
ngamonk
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™