Hippi itch need scratching? - Warning - enabling post!!!

jstropicMarch 16, 2013

For any that are still itching for that hippi that you really wanted, but put the brakes on because....well... you put in one to many orders ( this isn't me, I'm talking about a friend I know lol) and now you're thinking I didn't order that many this year .....BUT....is it too late??? What condition would the bulbs be in at this time of the year??? Don't worry - its not too late - you can order that bulb you wanted with confidence that it will arrive in great condition.

Seriously, just wanted to let anyone with an itch (like my friend) that I just received some bulbs from ETGB and not only were the bulbs in great condition but they sent a bonus of 20 rainlilly sunset mix bulbs. So, in case you were wondering if its safe to still order - yes it. Received them last week and scapes are beginning to show.
-J

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dondeldux

J,

I hope your friend (with the hippie itch) belongs to this forum if not, see if you can convince him/her to join. ;-)

That's good to know about ETGB, I've never ordered from them late in the season but have always been pleased with their bulbs and service.

Donna

Bookmark   March 16, 2013 at 9:12AM
jstropic

Hey Donna,

I have ordered from them over the years and not only are the bulbs in great shape but the staff is easily accessible (phone or email) so I figured I'd take a chance and I wasn't disappointed.

Dealing with nice people keeps this itch fun.
-J

Bookmark   March 16, 2013 at 10:11AM
berkeleysgr8(8B)

I've been obsessively stalking the Easy to Grow Bulbs site since just after Christmas, hoping for a great sale. January 1, 2012, they offered their bulbs for only $8 each and they offered a 10% discount on 3 or more. I bought 3 Chico bulbs for only $7.20 each... a great bargain (and the bulbs were HUGE). Alas, no great sales this year, but plenty of bulbs that I'm still interested in. -Tina

Bookmark   March 16, 2013 at 4:37PM
More Discussions
May Wonder
This is another Komoriya bulb that flowers for me every...
jstropic
Full House, Tres Chic and another
From top to bottom, Komoriya mislable, Tres Chic and...
jstropic
Hippeastrum Apple Blossom problem
My Hippeastrum Apple Blossom showed a tip of a flowering...
jujujojo_gw
Ordering bulbs in Canada
Does anyone know some good companies to order bulbs...
erin_juniper
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™