fresh vegetables

thishyaOctober 5, 2006

Hi..Did someone said we could buy Asian vegetables online?I remember reading a message..I could not follow.I thought they were being shipped from Florida to your door!Anyone has more info?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
reefisher(z10SoCal)

hmmmmm, that could work. I have not heard of any such thing, but who knows? Most cities in the west anyway have asian markets that have a very good supply of veggies. I've made inquiries of clerks in the asian stores here in San Diego where I buy veggies, as to where they get their produce. Mostly they are clueless. I know a lot is grown right here in San Diego county, adjacent Imperial county and Mexico. If someone was to ship say some mustard type greens, Yu choy, gai lan, dai gai choy, etc. that is the more perishable types, how would one package it??

Bookmark   October 5, 2006 at 8:11PM
c_ramdas

Please visit www.freshvegonline.com

Here is a link that might be useful: freshvegonline

Bookmark   December 29, 2006 at 10:39PM
digit(ID/WA)

Our local Asian markets send a truck to the produce wholesalers in Seattle once each week. We know when to show up where to purchase from these local stores.

I looked around a little on the web and began to wonder what folks might do in a small town without much of an Asian population. It occurred to me that Chinese restaurants are most everywhere. Nearly all have takeout, many have delivery service.

I suspect that people could go into their favorite Chinese (or other Asian) restaurant and talk to the management about picking up a case of mixed vegetables each week. Wouldn't surprise me if they'd make it possible. I mean, if they'd sell a relish tray or salad . . .

Steve

Bookmark   December 30, 2006 at 7:13AM
eswar(7b)

Hello Thishya

If you are specifically seeking Indian vegetables, our friends got them from Atlanta and also from Miami.

The shipping turned out to be expensive part. One needs to buy a whole box. Usually about 20-30 Pounds (depends upon)
The Miami vegetable suppliers are wholesalers. They ship them only a couple of days in a week.

If you are interested in pursuing that probably I can get some phone numbers.

Usually the local Indian origin friends order them once in a way as we live in rural area.

The nearest India grocery stores are 140 miles away.
Regards

Bookmark   January 1, 2007 at 11:01PM
thishya

Hi Everyone Thankyou for your help.Im still doing search.And i will be posting some info soon.

Bookmark   February 4, 2007 at 5:09PM
eswar(7b)

http://www.fruits-vegetables-spices.com/ivygourd.htm

This may be one source

Bookmark   February 11, 2007 at 4:34PM
More Discussions
south Indian red spinach seeds for exchange
I have this plant of which I don't know the name. It...
susany
lemon grass rooting from less base than I thought possible
I'd scrutinized the lemon grass at the local stores...
merrybookwyrm
Wasabi 'like' veggie
I was watching TV while having my car fixed and there...
kkfromnj
forestelves
looking for bitter melon and lemongrass seed
I am diabetic and heard that bitter melon and lemon...
frdannylturner
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™