Fragrant Cloud Honeysuckle'

pollyrs(9)February 27, 2013

Has anyone tried "Fragrant Cloud" Honeysuckle Botanical Name: LONICERA PERICLYMENUM in the Phoenix area? It's a relatively new introduction (originates from Poland) and is advertised as being viable in my Zone 9 garden area.

Thanks for any help you can give

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MaryMcP Zone 8b - Phx AZ

It sounds like this plant likes shade. Other than that it may grow here, it seems not too fussy.

Here is a link that might be useful: LONICERA PERICLYMENUM

Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 7:30AM
grant_in_arizona(USDA Z9 Scottsdale AZ)

I just saw this in some catalogs recently and was tempted myself! Let us know if you try it and how it does for you

I DO grow a lot of good ol' Japanese honeysuckle, Lonicera japonica on trellises and have fantastic success with them. They've proven to be great, evergreen, sun-tolerant cold-immune flowering vines for me and several of my friends that I've shared them with. This 'Fragrant Cloud' is different of course, so keep us posted! Happy gardening!

Bookmark   March 9, 2013 at 6:44PM
pollyrs(9)

I ordered three of these Fragrant Cloud plants... One is planted in a pot on a north-facing patio near a pillar... Another is planted on a west facing block fence that gets afternoon sun... The third is in the ground near a post of an east facing overhang... They are all thriving after a week or 10 days in the soil... New growth is springing right out... Of course, the test will be our summer heat... I am concerned about their ability to do well here considering they are a variety that comes from Poland which I'm assuming has no climate like ours here in the desert southwest...

I have Halls honeysuckle thriving along a sidewalk entry to a courtyard near my front door... Neither the recent hard freeze nor the summer high roast temps have fazed it... Altho it doesn't bloom all that much... That's why I was interested in Fragrant Cloud -- they report that it blooms heavily which I'm hoping is correct... I'm interested in attracting bees and other critters to pollinate my veggie plot...

Bookmark   March 9, 2013 at 10:21PM
More Discussions
Pioneersands just lost a customer. (Bulk soil/manure/mulch)
I've been buying bulk soil(sandy loam), manure, and...
Raimeiken - z9b - Peoria, AZ
Lady Banks Roses
I have a south-facing block-wall that will be getting...
plastike
Bad Bad Bad
This site is not very good !!!
campv
green landscaping maintenance co sought
Hi all, I converted my yard to partial desert landscaping...
drmeow3
AZ Garden Search
Anyone know how I can just search the AZ forum?
luna09
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™