looking for a few pomegranate cuttings and mulberry

greendesertMarch 11, 2011

I posted on craigslist and I didn't get any offers. basically I would really like to plant a pomegranate tree in a spot in my backyard, but with all the other trees and plants I would like to get this year, my budget is really tight. I do posses a good amount of patience so if I could buy a few cuttings from someone who is willing to share, I don't mind starting them from cuttings and waiting. I have a couple started from cuttings already, but I would really like a known variety (wonderful, or something with red arils preferably. The ones I have, I have no idea what they are, but I'm sure they're not the "wonderful" variety. The arils are mostly white with a slight touch of pink. I'm also looking for pakistan mulberry and different fig varieties. I already have black mission and brown turkey.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
turtleman49(AZ)

There's a company in town that grows all these types

Bookmark   March 11, 2011 at 8:29AM
greendesert

I know turtleman... if you're talking about RSI, they have really awesome trees, but I'm too broke even for that. Not that I couldn't afford a pomegranate, but I'm planning to plant quite a few fruit trees and I just can't afford to pay regular price for all of them...it adds up you know. And the pomegranates are the ones that are so easy to start from a cutting that I really don't mind. It's quite fun for the kids actually. I'm not looking for freebies, I just don't want to splurge at the moment, and I don't want to insult anybody by lowballing either, because I know how much work it goes into those things. So I'd rather just start small.

Bookmark   March 11, 2011 at 1:18PM
thisisme(az9b)

greendesert I'm in the process of rooting Pomegranate, Fig and Mulberry cuttings right now. I have every variety you mentioned and more. Most are cynosure varieties that are the cream of the crop not often found in nurseries. My supply is limited and I have offered rooted cuttings to two other people before you. Once they have all rooted I will be keeping one of each and giving cuttings to the two other people. In 2-3 weeks when they are all rooted I should have a pretty good idea of what I have left. After that you are next in line if you want them. All I ask is that you return the pots and replace the soil and we're all good. Keep in mind I live in far East Mesa though and when they are ready you would have to come and get them.

Bookmark   March 11, 2011 at 5:53PM
thisisme(az9b)

greendesert if you're not interested let me know. A friend is coming over tomorrow. If you don't want any I plan on offering him some tomorrow.

Bookmark   March 12, 2011 at 5:26PM
greendesert

Hi I'm definitelly interested. And I don't mind driving to mesa once. I'm also willing to pay some, or trade (although you probably have most everything I'd have for trade) except for the pineapple tomatillos (not exactly a fair trade, but it's a plant, it's edible, kids like it LOL)

Bookmark   March 13, 2011 at 12:57AM
thisisme(az9b)

greendesert I will make sure to hold whatever the 1st two people don't ask for and let you know what I have once they are all rooted. I'm fairly sure I will have plenty assuming they all root. Its not like they both want a whole bunch. I'm growing Purple Tomatillos and if I can keep the little seedlings alive Aunt Molly's Ground Cherries. Even so I would love to add Pineapple Tomatillos to the mix so keep a plant or two for me if you can spare them.

Bookmark   March 13, 2011 at 3:21AM
sueferney_comcast_net

thisisme is it possible to send unrooted cuttings in the mail and root them when they arrive? Or would they die enroute? I tried growing some from seed but they are more like a long vine than a bush.

Bookmark   May 10, 2011 at 8:24PM
thisisme(az9b)

Sue they can safely be sent in the winter and early spring if properly packaged. Shipping them when temps are high can be problematic.

Bookmark   May 10, 2011 at 10:33PM
tracydr(9b)

I have a volunteer mulberry but I'm in Mesa as well. I have no idea how to root it but you're welcome to take cuttings.

Bookmark   May 14, 2011 at 5:09PM
More Discussions
Water Softener
I'm going to install a new water softener to replace...
newtoucan
Bursera microphylla ("elephant tree") experience?
Hi everyone, as usual, I looked before I lept at the...
grant_in_arizona
does anyone grow santolina in Tucson area?
Has it just gone out of style, or is there a problem...
DWA in AZ Sunset zone 12
Lawn renovation/reseeding - Phoenix AZ
Thank you everybody for a wonderful forum. I am a new...
adi_az_gw
"Mouse ear" pipevine, Aristolochia watsonii
Hi everyone, I noticed one of my "mouse ear"...
grant_in_arizona
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™