Tangerine Crossvine

MaryMcP Zone 8b - Phx AZMarch 17, 2013

Hi, Someone here (Grant?) has a remarkable specimen of this vine. Does it take our full sun? I'm trying to hide the a/c unit and have a sturdy trellis but so far, the vines I've placed there have not done well.

Thanks for any feeback.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pauly_in_AZ

hey Mary, this related post talks all about Tangerine Beauty Crossvine as well as others:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/azgard/msg1122491915993.html

you may be able to click to it here:

Here is a link that might be useful: Colorful Vines for Hot Desert (forum post in AZ forum)

Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 12:47AM
boids(9B)

just a fyi the ac units need to breath and they will be blowing hot air around. if you are successful and your ac units get encased by a vine you might be heading into some real expensive headaches.

Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 8:11AM
MaryMcP Zone 8b - Phx AZ

Pauly, thanks for the link. I think that's the picture I remember that had me ear-marking the Tangerine Crossvine. Summer Winds on Bell has some good looking specimens.

boids, thanks for that heads up. My hubby is a former hvac man and he would never allow that scenario! :-)

The trellis is a couple feet away from the a/c unit. I can train the vine in a different direction.

Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 8:25AM
grant_in_arizona(USDA Z9 Scottsdale AZ)

Yup, mine love full, insane, hot sun and look good every single day of the year. Great, fun plants! Let us know if you get them and how they work out for you. I think they're one of the best evergreen vines we can grow here. Happy gardening!

Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 11:45AM
MaryMcP Zone 8b - Phx AZ

I went back to Summer Winds, they had 4 plants, tall and in 5-gal containers. But they looked dried out and frail. Which could have been okay except the price tag was $50 so that was a no go. Got a Caroline jasmine instead for $13 in a one-gallon. Hope to get it planted today.

Thanks Grant - you enabler you!!

Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 1:13PM
More Discussions
Gardenia help needed
I have bought a potted gardenia plant from Home Depot...
moutia_k
Mary, silvery fir tree
I think I got a silvery fir tree tomato from you last...
ernie85017, zn 9, phx
Pride of Madeira (Echium candicans)
Hi everyone, I posted a pic under "What looks...
grant_in_arizona
Water Softener
I'm going to install a new water softener to replace...
newtoucan
Palo Verde (Desert Museum) - Bends Over like Willow - Pruning?
My son lives west of Phoenix and had a Palo Verde planted...
elaineindy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™