Is This Normal...

puglvr1(9b central FL)March 25, 2011

I don't know much about Amaryllis and don't know much about them.

I got this orange amaryllis two years ago from a friend and planted it...but it didn't bloom the second year. This year it bloomed...but look at the color...is this normal for Amaryllis? To start out orange and change colors the next time it blooms? Does it have something to do with a missing nutriet...I have another orange one planted in a different location...it has a bud but hasn't opened yet...I'll be curious to see what color this one turns out.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dondeldux

Well, I had a red one last year that this year bloomed decidedly orange, but I've never seen one that totally changed it's stripes..so to speak..! It's still very pretty though...will be interesting to see if all your flowers on this particular bulb look like the one above..

Donna

Bookmark   March 25, 2011 at 4:11PM
haweha

I guess that you received a whole cluster of Knight Star Lilies together in one container. The scape that would emerge THIS season, is simply from another bulb, and another hybrid, individual, clone, you name it, respectively. It is a heirloom hybrid, and it is not looking that bad at all! Is it fragrant?

Bookmark   March 25, 2011 at 7:54PM
haxuan(Vietnam)

Nancy, I don't know much about Amaryllis either, but I know one thing: I love your bloom :-)

Welcome to the forum.

Xuan

Bookmark   March 25, 2011 at 11:06PM
puglvr1(9b central FL)

Thanks everyone!! Appreciate the nice comments and explanation. My other plant should bloom orange I'm pretty sure because that one I purchased as a "single" bulb. I'll post a picture of that one when it opens.

It has a weak scent...so I wouldn't say its fragrant. It is pretty though! Hopefully, I'll get another bloom and a different color too.

Hi Xuan, nice to see you too!!

Bookmark   March 26, 2011 at 8:42AM
More Discussions
I'm beginning to figure out the code to ordering the bulbs I want
Ok, I'm starting to figure out the code to ordering...
jstropic
Help ID mislabeled hipies needed please
Hi everybody I bought 2 Giraffes and I was so happy...
tsucath
Full House, Tres Chic and another
From top to bottom, Komoriya mislable, Tres Chic and...
jstropic
Charisma x Tinkerbell
Hi Everyone, In 2012 I sent some pollen from my original...
dondeldux
Basil Plate Propagation
Hi, My friend- Nongnuch Nakmanoch did basil plate propagation...
Nititii P.
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™