A Plethora of Lady Jane

mnwsgal 4 MN(4)March 4, 2012

In 2010 I bought 16 bulbs at Lowe's (all but one at clearance). including a Lady Jane and a Susan (which some said bloomed Lady Jane), in hopes of getting at least one Lady Jane.

Most of the clearance bulbs did not bloom and spent the summer outside. Early in February I potted up a those bulbs with scapes starting to push up thinking I would have a variety of blossoms to enjoy during the grey days of February.

Susan bloomed dark Lady Jane.

Christmas Story bloomed pale Lady Jane

Denver bloomed pale Lady Jane

Lady Jane, bloomed last year as Lady Jane, is about to bloom.

Sold as Vera last year but bloomed Lady Jane is about to bloom.

That is FIVE Lady Janes and all with two scapes so I will have Lady Jane blooms for some time.

The other bulb blooming is Flamenco Queen with two blooms left on the third scape.

Pasadena, which did not bloom last year, and a NOID, not from Lowes, have buds.

I am hoping that none of the eight varieties left from Lowe's that did not bloom last year are not Lady Jane.

Think I have enough!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leubafr(z8/9)

Pictures please......................................

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 12:00PM
dondeldux

As lovely as Lady Jane is, you might have a few too many!! Maybe you can give a few away next year as gifts!! I've had a lot of mislabels this year too and I bought mine at a nursery..what I though was a long awaited Hercules looks like another Pink Diamond..I seem to be ending up with extras of varieties I didn't want extras of, and I know I won't be able to part with any of them...Oh well, such is the life of a hippie addict...

Donna

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 2:38PM
mnwsgal 4 MN(4)

Sigh, another Lady Jane. This was supposed to be Pasadena.
The second scapes have all been darker blossoms. All lovely.

The NOID bulb bloomed and is Apple Blossom.

Sorry no photos as my camera is broken.

Bookmark   March 17, 2012 at 3:04AM
berkeleysgr8(8B)

I sympathize! I purchased a couple Appleblossoms that turned out to be Minervas. I contacted the company that sold them to let them know that one of the Minerva I purchased from them had red blotch and 2 Appleblossoms were mislabled. They sent replacements for all three bulbs... three more Minervas! So, I have Minervas coming out of my ears and not a single Appleblossom!!!

Bookmark   March 18, 2012 at 8:27PM
honeybunny2(Z9TX)

Sounds like a amaryllis swap might be in order. Mine are just starting to bloom, so far I have 4 that are blooming. Lady Jane, Anthropia, Donau, and Red lion, just 36 more to go. I will label them as they bloom. I will have some noid in the bunch, I know for sure. I also got mine in Lowes in 2010. I have been waiting almost 2 years to see what I actually have, I will post pictures once they really get blooming. Barbra

Bookmark   March 21, 2012 at 6:38PM
joshy46013

I feel bad for you, it brings a literal meaning to "You get what you wish for", sometimes our wishes get a little muddled up or magnified!

Good thing 'Lady Jane' is beautiful!

Bookmark   March 22, 2012 at 10:41AM
More Discussions
Komoriya's Oriental Lady
This is a new bulb that I purchased several weeks ago...
dondeldux
My doubles
My Hippeastrums which I jokingly called Mutts are actually...
brigarif Khan
Charisma x Tinkerbell
Hi Everyone, In 2012 I sent some pollen from my original...
dondeldux
Hippeastrum H554
Taken inside without flash. The first scape had some...
jstropic
Hippeastrum angustifolium
I was told that Hippeastrum angustifolium is an aquatic...
AlanLou
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™