Inherited 10' Indoor Bamboo is dying help!

EricaBambooMarch 31, 2011

I recently inherited a 10' potted indoor bamboo plant from my boss. It wasn't thriving there so he gave it to me to try to revive. Of course as soon as I take it, it takes a turn for the worse!!

I don't know if it's not getting enough sunlight, not enough water, too much water, are the windows too drafty, is my apartment too cold? What's going on! I thought these things were pretty resilient. Shows how much I know!

I water it a good amount about once a week and it is in a north facing room which gets light, but not a ton of direct light. There is still slight new growth, but all the ends of the blades are dying. and quickly.

any help would be wonderful! this plant is a beauty, I'd hate to be sending it to its demise!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kudzu9(Zone 8a - PNW)

Bamboo can be grown indoors with varying degrees of success. They like to be kept moist and the more light the better. My question is: how big is the pot and how long has the bamboo been in it? Bamboo need to be re-potted periodically. Also, if you can post a photo it would help.

Bookmark   March 31, 2011 at 4:35PM
More Discussions
Strange leaves on Oldhamii, wondering whats up and then boom!
So all my bamboo has been looking ever so green and...
littlepepperboy
privacy wall for freeway noise
Trying to comb through all the back log of message...
ssmith58
What is this growing on my bamboo and how do I get rid of it?
Is it some kind of scale? It wipes off pretty easily...
brownmola
top ten favorite bamboos
I'm relatively new to this forum and somewhat new to...
jeremy88
Are giant black java seeds real or scam?
I have 15 seeds sprouted from a seller with good ratings...
humboldt
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™