ID please

wastequestMarch 25, 2011

I bought these amaryllis a couple months ago but most of them were not labelled. Would you please ID them for me. I am doing some crossing so I want to know the names for record.

This one was supposed to be Gervase, but obviously it's not

The rest I have no idea:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)

2 is most likely red nymph
3 is red lion (the white tips on the petals are a give away!)
5 is stressed out minerva

but honestly, unless you get clones from a reputable distributor, you can never be sure.

1 and 4 are very nice. Cruise around Emaryllis.com to see if you can find them!
Kristi

Bookmark   March 25, 2011 at 9:47PM
dondeldux

I think # 1 is Flamenco Queen..and I'm thinking your # 4 could be a mostly pink Gervase..going mostly by the red filaments what do the rest of you think...

Donna

Bookmark   March 25, 2011 at 9:56PM
dondeldux

I think I'm wrong about # 4 being Gervase..I think it is Purple Rain. Purple Rain has the same red-rose filaments and the petals are more rounded than Gervase's. Purple Rain was sold by White Flower Farm and I just looked at a picture of it in their catalogue and I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

Donna

Bookmark   March 25, 2011 at 10:31PM
radarcontactlost(8)

My guesses are 1 is flamenco queen, 2 is fanfare 3 is in my opinion Rosalie and 4 is for sure minerva.

Bookmark   March 26, 2011 at 12:04AM
joshy46013

1. Flamenco Queen
2. Red Peacock
3. Rapido *Possibly, Reds Are Difficult To I.D. But It's Too Red To Be "Red Lion" in my opinion, "RL" is more orange.

4. Purple Rain
5. Minerva

I'm pretty sure #3 is 'Rapido', do you know what you bought it as or where you got it? Can you tell us the size of the flower?

Josh

Bookmark   March 29, 2011 at 10:44AM
dondeldux

I don't think # 2 is Red Peacock based on the fact that mine has and had a much larger flower I mean huge with many many more petals..# 3 looks rather small. The orangey red is consistent with the color of Red Peacock, but I think still think it's something else..but I don't know what....Just my opinion of course...

Donna

Bookmark   March 29, 2011 at 10:54AM
joshy46013

I'm not too good with doubles :( The only other red one I know of is 'FanFare' which I'm sure this isn't *posting pic of mine below for reference* I wish I had taken pictures of my 'Rapido' this year, it was a smaller flower on a dark stalk with the same coloring via filaments and the very dark heart.

'Red Lion' usually has lighter scapes if I'm correct? I'm not entirely sure tho!

Bookmark   March 29, 2011 at 11:25AM
jimnpa (6a PA USA)

#2 is Double Delight or a very good carbon copy of it. I agree with Donna, Red Peacock is MUCH larger. I had to stake my Red Peacock scapes this year because the flowers were so heavy. Double Delight is about half the size. I got 3 Double Delights this year that were supposed to be Benfica. How anyone could make that mistake is beyond me.

Jim

Bookmark   March 29, 2011 at 3:10PM
More Discussions
The 'wild' blue amaryllis
Been watching with great interest some online auctions...
bragu_DSM 5
Red Flaslh
If I have a favorite Komoriya bulb I think Red Flash...
jstropic
Let's Get Acquainted!
In recent months, we've had several new members join...
jodik_gw
May Wonder
This is another Komoriya bulb that flowers for me every...
jstropic
Full House, Tres Chic and another
From top to bottom, Komoriya mislable, Tres Chic and...
jstropic
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™