Musa 'dwarf cavendish' indoors

patsgardenFebruary 16, 2007

I brought in a potted musa 'dwarf cavendish' into a cool bedroon to overwinter. It and three pups were doing ok, some brown leaves, but now it's looking terrible. I cut back on watering and the room has bright sun but is very cool. It has had some new leaves but there are now lots of brown leaves and alot of droopy leaves. Any advice? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardenguy_(z6b PA)

Cutting back on the water is a good thing. You want to water when the top inch of soil is very dry, provided that it's not a rather deep pot. Cut off anything that does not have green on it, including, cutting down the stems if you have to until you see no brown on the plant. Give it some time. Once garbage season is over(winter), then you can put the banana outside where it will love the sunlight and warmth.

Bookmark   February 17, 2007 at 10:48PM
sandy0225(z5 Indiana)

Do you have a warmer sunny room you can move it to? maybe you could get it growing again.

Bookmark   February 26, 2007 at 9:37AM
gracepetts

i am also haveing this problem i cut back my indoor potted dwarf musa cavendish and only the very middle of the main stem is green all other rings are a pale cream colour and the top turned black within a few minites i now cant see any green i cut it back again and the same thing happened. is there any hope for this pant it has one pup that is now also going black and its one leaf fell off please help

Bookmark   March 14, 2010 at 2:04PM
More Discussions
ice cream banana tree
i have had the bananas for a few months.. dont seem...
sudsmcduff
Banana tree not doing well
I have a big banana tree that has been thriving until...
sibbell
Musa Zebrina - Blood Banana - blooming photos
These 4 photos taken February 14, 2007: ..and the plant...
bananasdotorg
Banana plant is dying, what is wrong?
Hello all! I bought this banana plant a couple of months...
rweiss
First banana plant
Heh, okay so i was watching my friend remove unwanted...
YouthGarden
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™