leaves are burnt

rocisis(AZ)May 9, 2009

My neighbors on each side of me have veggie gardens, one of my neighbors and I are haveing much success healthy plants, much fruit. My other neighbor is having trouble with his, his leaves seem to be burning, the plants are rather small, we all planted at the same time and have similar plants ,are all getting the same amount of sun, water ect....

We are trying to help him and keep making suggestions, but nothing has helped, would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jolmos(9/Sunset 13/AZ)

How do you water, overhead, hose or drip emmiter...how does your neighbor? When do you water? When and how are you fertilizing? How much and what type of mulch is around the plants? (all these, done at the wrong time, can cause the burn you are talking about...I've faced the same things myself)

Bookmark   May 9, 2009 at 1:08PM
rocisis(AZ)

I have been watering with a hose very slowly dripping to really soak everything in the evening, now that the weather is warmer I'm going to start watering in the morning, I just started to fertilize this week, just mircle grow for veggies with the hose adapter. My neighbor knows he hadn't been watering enough he started about two weeks ago, every evening with the hose, he hasn't fertilized anything yet. I suggested that he start watering in the morning and to start fertilizing. I don't use any mulch, but he does not sure what kind.

Bookmark   May 9, 2009 at 1:49PM
rocisis(AZ)

I have been watering with a hose very slowly dripping to really soak everything in the evening, now that the weather is warmer I'm going to start watering in the morning, I just started to fertilize this week, just mircle grow for veggies with the hose adapter. My neighbor knows he hadn't been watering enough he started about two weeks ago, every evening with the hose, he hasn't fertilized anything yet. I suggested that he start watering in the morning and to start fertilizing. I don't use any mulch, but he does not sure what kind.

Bookmark   May 9, 2009 at 4:50PM
petzold6596(8b southern NM)

Plants need 3 things: water, light and food (fertilizer). If any of the three is missing or low then the plant will not grow at a normal rate.

If the burning (dieing) of the leaves is at the tips then it is water problem. If the burning is at the edges then it is fertilizer burn ( to much N ).

Bookmark   May 9, 2009 at 8:10PM
More Discussions
Can't believe those at DG wanting Blue Dawn vine
I don't belong to DG but once in a while read the SW...
haroldws
February 2015 what looks good/bad/awful in your garden?
I hope Grant doesn't mind me beating him to posting...
kevininphx
Where is everyone?
Did you all hit the road because of the changes? I...
ernie85017
'Desert Museum' and 'Sonoran Emerald' Palo Verdes
The last thread on these two trees was about a year...
dlg421
What is this bug/thing?
Digging by hand this year I am finding A LOT of these...
ernie85017
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™