seeds

danglesApril 20, 2013

donna u asked about seeds from party plus I pollinated 6 flowers got 2 very small pods and a total of 6 seeds 3 in each pod only 2 seeds germinated and both are doing well I hope they turn out to be something special regards and happy growing this flower is only small about 2 inches across maybe next flowering it will be bigger

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dondeldux

Danny, Were your seedpods on Party Plus a self or were they a cross. I guess I'll just keep trying maybe I'll luck out one time like you did!

I am assuming that Maguire's Party varieties are all siblings where they look so very similar..I think there are a few more also, do you have any others.

I wonder why they are all so difficult to set seeds. I have a Party Pooper that should bloom in the next few months and perhaps I will put papilio on it as this is the first time I have papilio pollen when Party Pooper is blooming, my Party Animal is all through blooming for this year though...

I am assuming that the Party varieties have papilio in their background, they actually say that one of them is a papilio hybrid on their website.

Your little red double is very nice. Maybe it will stay tiny, people love small flowered varieties, especially nice if it's a well formed double like yours!!

Donna

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 8:26AM
More Discussions
Photos from this evening!
It's saying my post is 6198000 characters over the...
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
The brighter side of a cold and snowy day...
3 Flower Papilio Bulb #2 opens it's flowers
mariava7
How to save my Amaryllis?
I got the bulb in a package with soil at a grocery...
leuconoe
Hippeastrum angustifolium
I was told that Hippeastrum angustifolium is an aquatic...
AlanLou
Marquis - Updated pictures of my 4 scaped amaryllis
Thought you might like to see what my 4 scaped Marquis...
minnesotaronnie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™