seeds

danglesApril 20, 2013

donna u asked about seeds from party plus I pollinated 6 flowers got 2 very small pods and a total of 6 seeds 3 in each pod only 2 seeds germinated and both are doing well I hope they turn out to be something special regards and happy growing this flower is only small about 2 inches across maybe next flowering it will be bigger

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dondeldux

Danny, Were your seedpods on Party Plus a self or were they a cross. I guess I'll just keep trying maybe I'll luck out one time like you did!

I am assuming that Maguire's Party varieties are all siblings where they look so very similar..I think there are a few more also, do you have any others.

I wonder why they are all so difficult to set seeds. I have a Party Pooper that should bloom in the next few months and perhaps I will put papilio on it as this is the first time I have papilio pollen when Party Pooper is blooming, my Party Animal is all through blooming for this year though...

I am assuming that the Party varieties have papilio in their background, they actually say that one of them is a papilio hybrid on their website.

Your little red double is very nice. Maybe it will stay tiny, people love small flowered varieties, especially nice if it's a well formed double like yours!!

Donna

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 8:26AM
More Discussions
Planting Papilio in the ground
I live about 20 miles north of New Orleans in zone...
John Lusk
Help ID mislabeled hipies needed please
Hi everybody I bought 2 Giraffes and I was so happy...
tsucath
May Wonder
This is another Komoriya bulb that flowers for me every...
jstropic
Full House, Tres Chic and another
From top to bottom, Komoriya mislable, Tres Chic and...
jstropic
Basil Plate Propagation
Hi, My friend- Nongnuch Nakmanoch did basil plate propagation...
Nititii P.
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™