Dirt Mounds on Empty Lot

happs(Arizona)May 5, 2012

I have an empty desert lot that is being used by bicycle riders, motorcycle riders and ATV's as a "playground." People have built dirt mounds and are using them as jumping platforms. The county air quality department is concerned about dust from the property and has indicated that I need to "stabilize" the soil for dust control. Would you all suggest that I have them removed or put water over them to form a crust? I'm thinking that if I remove or flatten them, then it might create more dust.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
thisisme(az9b)

To be safe I would ask the county air quality department for their recommendation in writing. If you go the water rout it may have to be done again in a year. If you remove them and put water over the soil it may solve your problem.

There is however another obvious serious issue here. I'm as sure as I sit here that allowing the dirt mounds to remain would constitute An Attractive Nuance. If anyone ever got injured they would be able to sue you for damages.

Here is a link that might be useful: Attractive nuisance doctrine

Bookmark   May 5, 2012 at 4:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
thisisme(az9b)

Oh, and by the way. If you know about the Attractive Nuance and have not informed your Insurance company about it in writing. Then you are not covered for any injuries that arise from the Attractive Nuance. Yep, you are on your own for any injuries or wrongful death lawsuit.

Bookmark   May 5, 2012 at 5:03PM
More Discussions
Anybody with Cherry trees?
Hello, I'm a fruit tree maniac (I have about 50 small...
Andrikos
Is this a good or bad caterpillar?
Is this a good or a bad caterpillar? It's on my petunias....
greendreamhome
Help! Lime tree decimation
My lime tree is being decimated (leaves and branches...
bullamansss
Cats in my garden beds
We got new neighbors who let there two cats run wild. How...
campv
Can/Should this Hong Kong Orchid tree be saved?
My 1 1/2 year old Hong Kong Orchid was hit by the frost...
goldie11
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™