Any native seed savers out there?
I've now moved to my new house, complete with enormous dirt backyard :-O Yesterday I rigged my greywater system (just from the laundry, and yes I'll use compatible detergent etc...), so now I'm on the hunt for native seeds.
I went to native seed search, and they have great stuff, but my budget doesn't stretch quite that far. All of their varieties are heirloom, so I was wondering if anyone had seeds to share?
IN SEARCH OF:
1. cotton (any type, I am a spinner)
2. sorghum (any type, I'm an African girl who loves sorghum porridge)
3. sunflowers (we are thinking of planting all along our back wall, which is cinder block, I will happily take any type)
4. cuttings or splits of: perennial grasses (fountain etc), clumping bamboo, creepers, any and all cacti/succulents.
5. indoor/patio/shade plant cuttings: we have an enormous Arizona room (glass enclosed windows, fans, south facing), and I'd like to turn it into a tropical paradise! Some things on my wish list: dwarf banana, delicious monster, elephant ear, diviners' sage, sweet potato vine, patchouli.
6. pots (all sizes) for the Arizona room
My hubby is really wary of me picking up plants/seeds at other people's places, but I think he'd be ok with public locations e.g. Extreme Bean, ASU bookstore.
THANKS YOU GUYS!!!
I have had such great interactions with everyone here so far. One of you even gave me some Armenian cuke seeds, and they're sprouting :-)