Garden Pergola

every1lovesjoey_(8)May 27, 2013

Does anyone know of someone that builds garden pergolas? I would love to have one built in my yard. I would like to find someone that can build one.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calb_gardner

Hello ELJ
I have several pergolas in my yard.. i am lucky enough to have a father that visits us for two months of the year and I keep him busy with projects Like the pergolas a Ramada and several trellises. Unfortunately he is not comfortable working for somebody else but I'm responding to your post With a suggestion for building material. We used redwood for all of our structures but we shall be replacing them with man-made plastic wood. Several friends have used this product and they love it. Having to stain our pergola Every two or three years is a major undertaking and huge pain in the you know what

Bookmark   May 29, 2013 at 11:17AM
every1lovesjoey_(8)

Thanks for the response! I love pergolas in a garden and hopefully one day find someone that can build one. Thanks for the advice! The one in the pic is awesome!

Bookmark   June 2, 2013 at 10:18PM
Typoggi

THEY ARE SUPER EASY TO BUILD UNLESS YOU WANT A HUGE ONE. I HAVE BUILT A FEW FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. I WOULD TRY TO BUILD IT MY SELF IF I WAS YOU. THIS IS THE MOST RECENT ONE I BUILT, WE DECIDED TO COVER IT TO GET A LITTLE MORE SHADE.

Bookmark   June 3, 2013 at 5:07PM
every1lovesjoey_(8)

I love your pergola. It is awesome!

Bookmark   July 20, 2013 at 2:36AM
toucan(9)

Yes please post more on this. I like pergolas too but cost is a factor and what kind of man made wood looks best. I'd like something very nice and professional, luxe. Not cheesy, but need recommendations.

Bookmark   July 20, 2013 at 12:24PM
every1lovesjoey_(8)

If you ever find someone to find you one let me know. I would like someone to build me one at a reasonable price.

Bookmark   July 24, 2013 at 10:31PM
duhh

Here is the website for the guy I found to do mine. Very reasonable and great guy!

http://olpcontracting.com/projects

Bookmark   July 25, 2013 at 1:25AM
every1lovesjoey_(8)

Thank you. I'll check it out.

Do you have any pics of yours?

Bookmark   July 26, 2013 at 1:35PM
duhh

Actually. I have it scheduled to be built in January of this year. ( Its for my roses and grapes up front and that is the time frame that works for me.)
The one pictured is the one I have out back in my garden. I traded services for this one and just had to pay materials, but when I asked if he wanted to do it again.. The price more than doubled and instead of a trade the quote had him making money too. that was not trading,
So I went looking for another contractor and that was how I found Jared Olp. His quote came in way under the other and he has more passion, and enthusiasm for this kind of work!
Hope this helps

Bookmark   August 5, 2013 at 4:15PM
every1lovesjoey_(8)

WOW! That one looks great. Thank you for the pic. I want mine to be covered with vines with a bistro table and chairs underneath.

Bookmark   August 5, 2013 at 7:19PM
More Discussions
green landscaping maintenance co sought
Hi all, I converted my yard to partial desert landscaping...
drmeow3
The Official AZ Tropical Fruit Trees Thread
Sorry for the monopoly on threads today. If anybody...
kccav
Where is everyone?
Did you all hit the road because of the changes? I...
ernie85017
Tucson Xeriscape has a weird disease
Late last summer, many of the plants in my xeriscaped...
jukesgrrl
Anybody with Cherry trees?
Hello, I'm a fruit tree maniac (I have about 50 small...
Andrikos
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™